• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bike down! Bike down! (Accident)

ShockDoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok

Today I was behind a row of cars waiting for the light to turn green. A guy in front of me reversed and slammed into me... Hard...

Damage caused by the fall:

- Scratched muffler
- Scratch on front fork on right side
- Right side of steering by the gas lever is scratched
- Broken brake lever, snapped in half
- Right turn signal broken off
- ??? Who knows what else

Insurance should take care of it, still... Sad day...

I am glad you are OK. You proved again most drivers don't see us and those that do are trying to kill us.

Glad your ok! The bike can be fixed. You are also lucky the other driver had insurance. We have a LOT of drivers here that do not have a drivers license or insurance.

I got taken out on one of my Goldwings a few years ago by a young man in a Subaru. He changed lanes without looking and I got to do the dreaded pavement dance. I had over $4,000 worth of damage to the bike, mainly tupperware. Anywho, in addition to the physical damage to the bike, here are some other things to consider:

1. Dr. bills - no brainer, if you got hurt, they should reimburse you.
2. Missed work - if you missed any, claim it.
3. Rental car / loss of use - even if you have a car, it's going to cost you more to drive it vs your bike.
4. Any damage to your riding gear. Even if you tore a hole in your pants. They should replace it.
5. Diminished value - your bike is no longer accident free, that will reflect in resale, if you ask for it, most insurance companies will reimburse you.

Don't expect to get rich, but, you should have absolutely zero expenses out of this. They were at fault and you should be properly compensated.

Best of luck,

WGW

I was on I-270 near St. Louis when 3 cars started "avoiding" something. It looked as if they were meaning to swerve left and right in front of me and behind me. I slowed down quickly and then "gunned" it. They both ended up on the side of the road. The only thing I saw was a broken down tractor trailer on the side of the road with the orange triangle markers on the road. No one was ever in danger until they did that...and the one in danger was ME!!! Oh well, things worked out well...changed pants...kept going!

Back