• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

BRAKE / CLUTCH LEVERs

Yup, the brake ligt switch is not being depressed properly.... now I gotta find a super stubby screwdriver to pivot the switch....

Hmmm. Please to excuse crude stickman Paint drawing. Not to scale (or even very accurate...:eek:) but a general gist only!

Red= hollow plastic locator peg (keeps switch body from possibly rotating around axis of screw)

Blue= Brake Lever Tab

Pink= Microswitch nubbin

Left side picture shows switch as if sitting on bike and looking down through from the top with X-Ray vision. Red locator peg must be filed/cut off to allow switch to be rotated counter clockwise a wee bit to match angle of brake lever tab.

It probably won't move if screw tightened up and Loctite used, but I would goop some silicone or light duty glue, or double face sticky tape between switch body and underside mating surface of master cylinder, just to be sure.

If you have a DCT model,you can fit an adjustable front brake lever which are fitted as standard to other Honda motorcycles (such as early CB600 hornet's etc). You may have to talk to your dealer to find out which one will fit. I fitted a pattern brake lever which cost £12 English ( about 18 US dollars).Unfortunately,there are no adjustable clutch levers from other Hondas' which will fit and you have to buy one of the aftermarket ones that are for sale on the internet.

Both my aftermarket pairs of adjustable levers listed CBR600's and CB600 Hornets as "also fits" in the description, amongst a few zillion other models.

Curiously enough, the brake lever from my 2007 CBR125R fits my 2012 NC700X perfectly as well, with the only difference being the diametre of the bushing around the hold down bolt being ever so slightly changed. (still bolts right on though)

Why on earth manufacturers insist on making absolutely microscopic changes that make zero difference (other than juuuuust not quite fitting) is beyond me. What a waste of tooling and parts stocking etc., for utterly no purpose.

THANK YOU, L.B.S. !!!!!! You are a GENIUS !!!!!!

Ok... I simply filed down the little tab on the switch that hold it at its angle. Really easy fix, 10 minutes.... removed, filed, installed.... It works better than the Stock lever now... I LOVE IT !!!

ps... I have the clutch lever, if anyone wants it...lol

[video=youtube_share;XVD09q2BT5Y]http://youtu.be/XVD09q2BT5Y[/video]

Last edited:
I'm about to replace my clutch lever from my mishap. How much ya want for it?

To the mechanics out there- am I going to run into the same problem on the clutch side?
Hijack over
Mike

Ok... I simply filed down the little tab on the switch that hold it at its angle. Really easy fix, 10 minutes.... removed, filed, installed.... It works better than the Stock lever now... I LOVE IT !!!

lol, I was way off on my memory drawing of what the switch really looks like...:rolleyes: :eek:

As long as it works though, good stuff :D

Last edited:
Back