• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CandyStripes: First Ride

Just to chime in with regard to the windshield... I picked up a PowerBronze screen on eBay for about $100 shipped. It's about 6" taller than stock and looks great. It's made a night and day difference without looking tacky. I don't know if anyone's mentioned this brand, but I have it installed with 1000 satisfied miles on it and I'm very happy with the purchase.

However, I will try and find some huge honking screen once I have a long trip planned, but for now the PowerBronze is the shizz.

Matt here...checking in....

what the hell?!? NO, you will NOT see me in lingerie...even if it is a Rocky Horror Picture show...

As for Sofia in lingerie doing a how-to video or post...........maybe

I'll have to post my first ride report on this soon. I finally got to ride it to work today. I may be tempted to take it out to some twisty road today too and give it a few runs....if Sofia will let me.

Just remember, you two, this is not one of your, what's the term, "crotch rockets" and to get those high mpgs that folks brag about in their signature lines you have to be a bit more conservative. ;)

Matt here...checking in....

what the hell?!? NO, you will NOT see me in lingerie...even if it is a Rocky Horror Picture show...

As for Sofia in lingerie doing a how-to video or post...........maybe

I'll have to post my first ride report on this soon. I finally got to ride it to work today. I may be tempted to take it out to some twisty road today too and give it a few runs....if Sofia will let me.

Too funny Matt! :cool:

Just remember, you two, this is not one of your, what's the term, "crotch rockets" and to get those high mpgs that folks brag about in their signature lines you have to be a bit more conservative. ;)

LOL...the correct term is "sportbike." "Crotch rocket" is a term that non-motorcyclist use for sportbikes. Plus, her racebike is an SV650 and mine is a Ninja 250---I wouldn't really call them sportbikes....however both have been modded enough to maybe classify them as one :eek:

LOL...the correct term is "sportbike." "Crotch rocket" is a term that non-motorcyclist use for sportbikes.

Well, even though I have an NCX, I'm definitely more in the non-motorcyclist crowd, i.e., just because I have a motorcycle does not make me a motorcyclist.

I've known two folks who have sportbikes. One was a U.S. co-worker who had a magazine cover on his wall with a picture of his bike and words to the effect that it was the fastest production bike ever built. The second was a German co-worker who talked about riding on the autobahn telling me that if I were ever driving on it and simultaneously saw a headlight in my rearview mirror, a bike passing me, and a taillight ahead, it would be him. (Apparently engine mods are not allowed in Germany but someone told me his was bored out.) Now you'll probably tell me that these are different from a sportbike but after seeing Sofia's video, you all are just going way too fast - at least for this old guy! :D

I ended up getting the Zero Gravity SR... I got talked out of the Sport Touring one (that looked like a Aliens Zenomorph). I will definitely contribute once I get it.

What did you think of the Zero Gravity SR? I was considering this one as it doesnt look like it will make it that bulky in the front.

Back