• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin seat

Just got my Corbin rider saddle today. Definately good quality seat. Fit was good even though the tonque on the front was crooked like everyone is seeing. No troubles bolting it down. The passenger seat is alittle hard to shut but nothing alittle weight behind it can't fix. I do plan on getting the Corbin passenger seat once I know the rider seat is the one for me.

So another quick update.

Rode about 100 miles today. When the seat gets hot, it gets HOT! Too hot, but then I just switch it off for a bit. I think I'm going to wire in a potentiometer or a stepped switch on it once I figure out what resistor values I need. It's nice though - good, quick heat right where you want it.

As for the comfort - nice. Very nice.
Yes, it is way more firm. However, the best way I can describe the improvement is this. In 100 miles, I never once thought about the comfort level of the seat. It never called attention to itself in any way which is exactly what I would hope for.

So far, so good. And it looks nice!

So another quick update.

Rode about 100 miles today. When the seat gets hot, it gets HOT! Too hot, but then I just switch it off for a bit. I think I'm going to wire in a potentiometer or a stepped switch on it once I figure out what resistor values I need. It's nice though - good, quick heat right where you want it.

Yes, it is way more firm. However, the best way I can describe the improvement is this. In 100 miles, I never once thought about the comfort level of the seat. It never called attention to itself in any way which is exactly what I would hope for.

I agree, glad to hear it.

So another quick update.

Don't bother with that other stuff. Get a Heat-troller from Warm N Safe or First Gear (or similar). Instead of wasting power with a potentiometer, it cycles the power so that you aren't wasting it. It's also fully adjustable and gives you an indicator. I've used the same controller for my heated grips and wouldn't dream of giving it up to any other method. I plan on transplanting it to the NC and if I ever decide a heated seat is necessary, you better believe that I'll use one of these as these controller.

either of you take the draw w/ the seat running? I run Gerbings Jacket Liner and G3 gloves plus my GPS wire and wondering what the Corbin heated seat will take it up to---

Thanks for the input, it sounds like a great seat.

I'm running it on a 12.5 amp fuse. They sent it with a 15 (or said they would - it's a fuse holder that holds 2x7.5 amp, but they only sent 1 7.5, so I augmented it with a 5. No issues here.
I'd assume that there's a 100W heating element in there, so probably somewhere in the area of an 8 amp draw. Though I haven't busted out the multimeter to find out.

this is why we do not sell corbin seats, 8 out of 10 do not fit, we ordered one for a customer and when you put the seat on the side covers would come off, the customer said not thanks i do not want this seat, and corbin would not take it back, they would only give me a credit on future products, but i had to give the customer back his money. you should not have to have a trouble shooting manual to install a seat. dale

What do you recommend for alternate seat options on the NC700x?

What do you recommend for alternate seat options on the NC700x?

in all my years of riding the best seats are made by shops that will fit the seat to you while you are standing there. and there are allot of shops out there that will custom fit it to your butt/////. all other seats are meant to fit everyone, and no one. there is no way corbin, or any other mail order seat company can make a seat for me that will fit me, without me sitting on the seat when they build it. mail order seats are a easy way to get a different seat for you bike, but for me if i am going to spend that much money, i want the seat to fit me period. we use a company called RICHS SEATS in seattle he uses your stock pan, and custom makes all the rest while you are there, shapes the new foam and seat, makes you go ride the bike for a 10 miles and if it fits you correctly will then cover it with what ever material you like.. THEN SAYS ride the bike for up to a year if it does not work for you come back and he will redo it for you and no charge one time, this is service do mail order company can provide. there are places like this that will work with you if you seek them out . i also ride horses, the difference of being able to ride 20 miles is all in the saddle. dale

in all my years of riding the best seats are made by shops that will fit the seat to you while you are standing there. and there are allot of shops out there that will custom fit it to your butt/////. all other seats are meant to fit everyone, and no one. there is no way corbin, or any other mail order seat company can make a seat for me that will fit me, without me sitting on the seat when they build it. mail order seats are a easy way to get a different seat for you bike, but for me if i am going to spend that much money, i want the seat to fit me period. we use a company called RICHS SEATS in seattle he uses your stock pan, and custom makes all the rest while you are there, shapes the new foam and seat, makes you go ride the bike for a 10 miles and if it fits you correctly will then cover it with what ever material you like.. THEN SAYS ride the bike for up to a year if it does not work for you come back and he will redo it for you and no charge one time, this is service do mail order company can provide. there are places like this that will work with you if you seek them out . i also ride horses, the difference of being able to ride 20 miles is all in the saddle. dale

Thanks for the info. Now if I can just find a shop like you mention in Oregon.

Does the Corbin still slant forward like the stocker??.I need a wider platform for my butt/hips and a neutral or rearward slope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't really slope forward, but it doesn't slope backwards either.
It's a relatively neutral platform. The butt area is wider feeling, but in pictures and side by side, it's hard to see this. Overall, instead of all of the pressure being focused on my spine, it's now dispersed on my rear pelvis. It's definitely a flatter platform. It's also firm. Very firm. I don't mind this at all, but some will. Also, I could easily flat foot the bike when stopped with the stock saddle. With the Corbin, I'm about an inch up on either side. Not because the seat is taller but because the platform is wider.

There is one BIG reason I like the Corbin...I can keep my stock seat !!!.
I can have a custom seat made for about $100 more but they will use my stock seat.
I had a custom made for my Vstrom but I had a extra seat so I could still ride for the month it took for my seat to be made.If I go local they can make it in 1 day but cost's more!!.
Hummmmm,what to do ???.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how do you guys that bought the Corbin like it ??

My seats didn't fit (I ordered both front and back) so I sent them back to be fixed or replaced. I heard nothing from Corbin for two weeks after they received the seats, so I called and asked what the status was. They lied and said they just received them a few days prior (FedEx tracking said otherwise), then a few more days later they said they see nothing wrong with them and would not repair, replace or refund. I could take the seats back or I could take the seats back, period. So I am in the process of disputing the charge with my credit card company. It's up to Chase Bank to decide what happens next.

My seats didn't fit (I ordered both front and back) so I sent them back to be fixed or replaced. I heard nothing from Corbin for two weeks after they received the seats, so I called and asked what the status was. They lied and said they just received them a few days prior (FedEx tracking said otherwise), then a few more days later they said they see nothing wrong with them and would not repair, replace or refund. I could take the seats back or I could take the seats back, period. So I am in the process of disputing the charge with my credit card company. It's up to Chase Bank to decide what happens next.

Wow. What ever happened to the customer is always right?? There was obviously something wrong, or you wouldn't have gone through the trouble (and expense) of mailing them back.

Good luck!

trey

Wow. What ever happened to the customer is always right?? There was obviously something wrong, or you wouldn't have gone through the trouble (and expense) of mailing them back.

Good luck!

trey

I have two Corbin seats current and one in the past........the above story or concerns tend to be too common, of my three seats one was perfect, one was OK and one had multiple problems of fit and finish which took forever and never was fixed.

The forums are full of the good, bad and ugly on Corbin. Even this forum has some comments of concern on fit and finish.

Thats to bad becuase right now there the only off the shelf choice for us !!

I was really happy with the fit/finish of the Sargent seat on my last bike and don't remember anyone having complaints. I'm still surprised they aren't interested in doing one for the NC...

trey

More riders need to put in a request for a NC700X seat to Sargent ... if enough do, they will make one ...

Sargent Cycle Products - In Development

fill in form ....

I was really happy with the fit/finish of the Sargent seat on my last bike and don't remember anyone having complaints. I'm still surprised they aren't interested in doing one for the NC...

trey

Last edited:
Back