• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin seat

i have had many corbin seats on different bikes. i guess i am a little at odds about ordering one for this bike. my only complaint with the stock seat, is the forward slope of it? the firmness does not bother me. as corbins' are well known for being firm. i guess the biggest thing i am looking for, is if the corbin is more level. rather than sloped? i also think i would rather have a more firm seat than a soft one.

I am waiting on a Russell Day Long Saddle. Have one on my Piaggio. After my first 100 mile ride, I can tell I am gonna need it. :p

I hated the stock seat at first but it now seems much better. I am not sure if it has broken in or if I just got used to it. Still I am definitely considering a Corbin or (if they make it) a Sargent. I had a Sargent on my BMW R1150R and it was the best seat I ever had by a long shot. Unbelievable comfort hours into a ride.

I ordered a Corbin as well- just the front one as I commute and don't anticipate any passengers. I may order the rear seat though as I've read on their site that keeping the stock rear may impact the comfort of the front seat. We'll see. It's about a 4-6 week turn. Coming from a Metric this bike just feels kind of crotch rockety to me. Anyway, I've not had much of an opportunity to ride since it's raining so much in So Cal and I get to work @ 6:00 well before any road evaporation takes place.

Corbin Seat watch day 31.................

Patience Billy Budd, patience. It will come, and after you have ridden on it for a while you will not remember the long wait! I also wait to hear your first-hand experience on installing the seat, and a good evaluation as to whether it answers the concerns with the stock seat. Please keep us posted. Hopefully the wait will not be too much longer.

I had a Corbin for 40,000 miles on my R100. Firm and supportive sums it up but some folks describe them as hard as a park bench. I liked it.

I found the corbin on my W650 hard at first but soon learned to appreciate it on longer rides
brighton2-2_zpsff02b01c.jpg

Seat arrived today, it looks extremely well made. Installation take about five minute and is tight but not difficult. I will try to get a n hour on it tonight and 100 plus miles this weekend. It feels firm, but I know many good seats are firm then mold as you ride.

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg

More later...............

Back