• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Corbin seat

Corbin seat arrived today

Has anyone actually bought a Corbin seat yet.If so what is your opinion Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda NC700 X | 800-538-7035

So, three days after I bought my NC, I ordered the Corbin seat. I found the stock seat excruciating after any more than 30 miles. To be clear, I am new at this whole motorcycle thing, with my arse more used the the overstuffed seat of my scooter, or the bucket seat in my Subaru.

So today, at 10:15 my new seat arrived, the seat was on the bike by 11:45, and I was on a few seconds later. Ooh, that feels better. It's cold down here today, so I only did a 30 mile test ride, but I can say it is a real improvement over the stock seat. No pain, no discomfort, and it fits my rotund rear end just fine.

I bought only the main seat, not the pillion seat part. The seat is firm, but wider and flatter than the stock seat. That said, it didn't effect the height of the bike at all, I could still flat floot at stoplights (I'm 6'1", 240, with a 32" inseam. The only problem with the seat is that it makes closing the OEM pillion seat hard. The pillion seat closes on top of the Corbin seat, and requires some pushing to open and close the latch. Its a bit of a pain, but I imagine that as the Corbin seat gets compressed by the pillion seat, it should become less of a problem. I can already see a compressed arc where the Corbin is getting compressed. Alternatively, I could just add an eighth inch spacer under the u-bolts of the stock pillion seat to make it all work better. I will wait for now to see if it all just settles in.

So...it was a short ride, but I can already tell I far prefer the Corbin. I'll report back,once I have taken A longer ride, but that won't be soon since winter has descended on Tucson.

One question for the pros here. The stock seat had rubber bushings where the seat bolted to the bike. I couldn't make them fit on the Corbin. Do these matter? Should I go out and get some smaller rubber washers to slip in?

Last edited:
We have always have fitment problems with corbin, you would have to ask them if they made the seat to use the stock rubber grommets?. If the seat rubs on the rear seat. it will wear threw the material sooner or later. I the key lock to open the rear seat is harder to turn then stock??? you will brake the lock assembly. If you buy something like this it should take the place of the stock part without doing damage, and it should fit. thats my two cents worth. If you brake the lock look at my post on how to open the frunk without a key. dale

My new Corbin felt tight and I had to push down on the rear seat to make opening it easier. After 150 miles on it the rear seat opens fine.

OOO can't wait for my seat! Well really I can, since wont be warm enought to ride for a couple months. I ordered both rider and pillion seats. didn't go the heated seat option, I don't ride in the cold.

Brake vs break...

My Corbin seats finally arrived today. They don't fit.:( I have been waiting impatiently for six weeks for them, and they don't fit. The tongue on the bottom of the rider seat is bolted on crooked, which makes it sit cockeyed on the bike. The passenger seat won't even close - the hooks don't line up with the latches. I am so disappointed in the sloppy workmanship and obvious lack of basic QC to make sure it fits on the bike properly. I'm going to have to send them back for repair/replacement.corbinseat.jpg

Last edited:
I'm confused about the info on their site.

Their site says "Front seat" and gives a price.
Then it says "Rear Seat Not Heated" and gives a price
Finally it says "Rear Seat Heated" and gives a higher price.
Then it says elsewhere that the rear seat on the NC700X is not available as a heated seat.

No where does it say anything about getting the front seat heated!

I'd really like to get both seats and have the front one heated (I don't care about the heat on the rear seat as it will never be ridden on as long as I have the bike and my wife stays married to me. Unless I can manage to pick up a biker babe to ride bit*h that doesn't mind me being married and my wife can accept...)

Anyone with insights?
Thanks-
J.

They have the front seat with heat labeled as the rear with heat. Look at the item numbers it will tell you if it's a front or rear

From what I can see throughout this Forum the seat is the number one complaint for the NC. Thus a lot of other seat buying is going on, which is OK since I think we're all seeking the most pleasant riding experience we can find. If a different seat makes this possible go for it. If your other ride for the past few years has been a Cannondale R800 road bike just about any seat feels OK. I'm not even going to tell you what goes numb after an hour's ride on that bike!

From what I can see throughout this Forum the seat is the number one complaint for the NC. Thus a lot of other seat buying is going on, which is OK since I think we're all seeking the most pleasant riding experience we can find. If a different seat makes this possible go for it. If your other ride for the past few years has been a Cannondale R800 road bike just about any seat feels OK. I'm not even going to tell you what goes numb after an hour's ride on that bike!

Mine is only good for 30 minutes....yup it all but disappeared. :p
So the seat on my NCX is "heaven".
I can ride hours with it.

My Corbin seats finally arrived today. They don't fit.:( I have been waiting impatiently for six weeks for them, and they don't fit. The tongue on the bottom of the rider seat is bolted on crooked, which makes it sit cockeyed on the bike. The passenger seat won't even close - the hooks don't line up with the latches. I am so disappointed in the sloppy workmanship and obvious lack of basic QC to make sure it fits on the bike properly. I'm going to have to send them back for repair/replacement.View attachment 2514

I am sorry to hear this, mine was great. I wonder if they got flooded with orders and are in a hurry. Call them and get this taken care of. I am curious to see what they do.

I am sorry to hear this, mine was great.

Yeah, the fit of yours looks perfect from your pictures. Mine has all kinds of gaps and misalignments between the seat and bike when fitted. And the passenger seat is fully nonfunctional.

I wonder if they got flooded with orders and are in a hurry.
I'm pretty sure I was their very first order for this seat, so that shouldn't be it. Maybe because I'm first they made all their mistakes with mine and learned from them.

Call them and get this taken care of. I am curious to see what they do.
Yup, I'm just waiting for California to wake up so I can call.

Seat arrived today, it looks extremely well made. Installation take about five minute and is tight but not difficult. I will try to get a n hour on it tonight and 100 plus miles this weekend. It feels firm, but I know many good seats are firm then mold as you ride.

View attachment 2316View attachment 2317View attachment 2318View attachment 2319View attachment 2320

More later...............

Question about Corbin seats: Is it required to have the word Corbin on the side of the seat, or can you order it without? I refuse to advertise for a company for free. If it has to say Corbin on the side then I have no interest in it. I don't mean to sound at all negative about your purchase, but my past Corbin seat on my old ST1100 was of mediocre quality so I'm cautious. Still, I am still following this NC version with much interest, as it's one of the few aftermarket seats readily available at this time.

I hope yours and everyone else's works out well for you/them.

Greg

A steady hand a pair of scissors takes care of the free advertising. lol The QC issue is another story. This is the seat I've been saving $ for, but there's no way I'm shelling out $600 for crap. Please keep us posted as to what Corbin does to resolve the poor construction.

A steady hand a pair of scissors takes care of the free advertising. lol The QC issue is another story. This is the seat I've been saving $ for, but there's no way I'm shelling out $600 for crap. Please keep us posted as to what Corbin does to resolve the poor construction.

I've gotta say searsboy, that you should probably do like Billy Budd did and just get the rider seat. I got both seats even though I'll rarely carry a passenger, because I wanted them to look matched, and because Corbin says on their website that you get a little more room on the rider seat when matched with their passenger seat. But after getting hands on the passenger seat, I don't think it was the right decision, even assuming the build errors get fixed.

There are two things I didn't like about the Corbin passenger seat: it's much heavier than the stock seat, which I think is going to cause more wear and tear on the hinge/lift mechanism over time; and the Corbin version doesn't include those spring-loaded posts that act as shock absorbers. When you close the stock seat, those posts take the impact, then you press the seat down to latch it. With the corbin, the seat is only stopped by the steel hoops impacting directly onto the latches. Yes, you can choose to be careful and close it gently, but over the years even the most careful owner will whack it enough times that I think there will eventually be problems with the latches. If we had a normal passenger seat that didn't need to be raised all the time to access the gas tank, it would be fine.

Thanks for the info deedub. Now I'm backing off further from Corbin. I wanted their passenger seat because of the way Corbin describes it working together with their front seat. I'll have to reconsider options...again! For around $200 I can locally get the stock seat reshaped and a gel pad insert.

Thanks for the info deedub. Now I'm backing off further from Corbin. I wanted their passenger seat because of the way Corbin describes it working together with their front seat. I'll have to reconsider options...again! For around $200 I can locally get the stock seat reshaped and a gel pad insert.

I think I might be coming off too negative on the Corbin. The rider seat is really very good. I didn't actually take it out for a ride, but I installed it and sat on it and the difference was obvious. Much more comfortable than stock - wider, flatter (as in more level), and better shaped to a human backside. Assuming the build error with mine is an uncommon mistake that they'll fix, I think it's a great seat. It's just spending an additional $300 on a passenger seat that wasn't designed with frequent gas tank access in mind that I recommend against.

I believe beemerphile ordered a heated one. I can't get past the "wings" on their seat. To each his own!

Back