• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Dashboard and foglamps

John Boy

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I finally had some time to hang out in the garage. I built a 3.5" by 7.5" dashboard that mounts to the centre of the handlebars, put my external 12 volt socket (Marine type) and switch for fog lamps on it for now. I mounted my foglamps on my lower air deflectors, seemed like the height I wanted and out of the way. Two screws during an oil change and they are off my lower fairing. I have a Madstad adventure screen coming for the bike and intend to mount my gps on the inside of the aluminum plate that comes with that setup, seems like a good use of space.

Attachments

• DSCF5516.jpg
    DSCF5516.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 351
  • DSCF5515.jpg
    DSCF5515.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 347
  • DSCF5518.jpg
    DSCF5518.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 361
looks great ....

Tell us more about your Dash panel !

Thanks ...

Today I finally had some time to hang out in the garage. I built a 3.5" by 7.5" dashboard that mounts to the centre of the handlebars, put my external 12 volt socket (Marine type) and switch for fog lamps on it for now. I mounted my foglamps on my lower air deflectors, seemed like the height I wanted and out of the way. Two screws during an oil change and they are off my lower fairing. I have a Madstad adventure screen coming for the bike and intend to mount my gps on the inside of the aluminum plate that comes with that setup, seems like a good use of space.

HONDABIKEPRO also has a great take on a dashboard where he mounts a couple of GPS units and his phone as I recall. I was kind of thinking about a setup that mounts in the same place with a T bar to put RAM mounts. I want a goshdurn cup holder. :)

Cup holder would be nice.i was thinking of one of those you put on a bike that holds the bottle.

"Dashboard" is pretty simple. I have a chunk of 1/8 aluminum and thought about using that, but didnt like the idea of it being able to gouge plastics or score the bolts that hold on the handlebars. So I used 1/4 " plywood. Simple and sturdy. Cut a mold out of cardboard, traced it on my lumber, cut it out it and sanded it down a bit. Then coated the whole thing in a rubber based undercarriage paint, gave me the texture and look I wanted, not that far off the matt black, and sprayed it with a coat of good old fashion tremclad. Mounted my gear to it, ran all my wiring in black loom. Pretty simple really, the whole process minus the paint was about 2 hours. Might make an arguement that the plywood is a cheap way out, but I want it to be able to come off easily, not scratching my bike.

Back