• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Different Handlebars

Ed Up

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Rox 2" risers and still feel I'm leaning forward more than what's comfortable. I've been thinking of trying to find a bar about 2' narrower and 2" taller. Going narrower do you think the cables will still be long enough. I'm interested in your thoughts, pros and cons. I tried to search and didn't find anything on this. That being said the search just kicks my butt every time. Probably user error.

Thank You itlives. I've done your seat mod and added a Utopia backrest. I just don't like leaning forward at all. I'd never be a long distance sport bike rider. Guess I've just got too old.

The seat mod I found in another thread - unless you're referring to the cheap cushion.
I still need to get the utopia back rest!

Edit- just went to Utopia website. I forgot it attaches to the rear seat. I take my rear seat off when I travel so I can fill the tank without taking any gear off. My gear is my backrest on longer trips.
This under the seat fill up is a pain in the rear. It's my main complaint with the NC. I guess what I really need is one of Dales rear racks.

Last edited:
[...Going narrower do you think the cables will still be long enough?...]

As far as I know, all the Honda handlebar switch units, left & right, have a pin that fits into a hole in the handlebar. That pin is molded into the switch unit for extra security so even if the screw is a little loose, the switch assy won't turn on the bar. I doubt if any of the aftermarket bars have these holes.

The other factor with a narrower bar is having adequate straight sections on each side for the handlebar weight, grip, switch
assy, and lever mount (or emergency brake on DCT models).

You might be better off going to a taller riser and staying with the original bar but be prepared to buy new cables and maybe a brake hose.

Ed Up, are looking at going for 4" of total height increase? If so I'm thinking you may run into cable length issues beyond the brake hose. I don't remember anyone going for that height yet. The 2" narrower should help. I'm thinking you will just have to try it and see if it works.

I can tell you on the brake hose that 2" risers plus 1" fork extenders puts the brake hose at its limit. I need to get a longer one......

Yes, I want them slightly higher and was hoping the narrower would compensate for the taller. Could be this body is just been abused too much, but I want to sit straight up, with no forward lean. I could be asking for too much.

Back