• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Don't let other people ride your bike!!!

docb91b

Reaction score
Visit site
So I let my buddy (who rode for years in the past) try out my bike. He forgot to put his feet down at a stop!!!! and dropped my bike. He is without a scratch and OK. What are the chances that the damage is beyond superficial to the bike? Like might it of messed up something behind the plastic and metal? Attached are the pics... I am so numb right now..

DSCN0685.jpgDSCN0686.jpgDSCN0688.jpgDSCN0692.jpgDSCN0695.jpgDSCN0697.jpg

Oh my ! Not good. How can he forget to put down his feet at the stop??? Not his bike, he should be really be careful since its not his bike.
He should at least pay for the bent lever and offer to fix/replace the scratched parts. They do make covers for areas that are scratched. I think I saw them at twistedthrottle.com

I tell my friends to be super careful since I bought the bike brand new and its a dual clutch transmission. I always say "its not a regular motorcycle, it reacts differently", so this way there careful.

Now you got me thinking about the sw motech crash guards.

Ken

Last edited:
I think he expected the DCT to do it all! No need to clutch, shift, put feet down . . . oh wait!

Sadly, it does not throw out outriggers automatically.

Not your fault. (unless you and he were drinking) It sounds like you were just trying to be nice. Let's hope it's all superficial damage. Hopefully he was remorseful. Maybe he was so confused by not having a clutch that he got distracted.

OK, I am feeling better now and less in the moment. Talked with my buddy and all is cool. I am OK with the scratches (unless there is engine damage). Any idea were I can find a replacement front brake lever? I am having a hard time finding one online. Your help is appreciated.. my poor NanCy is hurting right now :(

D

Sorry about the mishap. Try doing a good thing and it turns around and bites you. Bummer.

OK, I am feeling better now and less in the moment. Talked with my buddy and all is cool. I am OK with the scratches (unless there is engine damage). Any idea were I can find a replacement front brake lever? I am having a hard time finding one online. Your help is appreciated.. my poor NanCy is hurting right now :(

D

Just a suggestion. I ordered a center stand from here. It's in transit at the moment.

All the levers for the Honda NC700X. - NC700Shop

D

Sorry to hear - One of those No-Good-Deed-Goes-Unpunished things. Nobody rides mine - at tire change, guys at the dealership knocked it over in their shop but replaced the scratched or damaged parts - muffler and all. What I do to it I'm okay with - including recent wreck - but nobody else gets that chance. Did just get both levers off Ebay for $15 from someone who upgraded to adjustable, but new they're ~$13 each - OEM Motorcycle Parts - ProCaliber.com | Motorcycle OEM Parts & Motorcycle Gear
Clutch Lever - 53178-KV0-305, Brake Lever - 53175-MFR-305

Last edited:
If I had that accident with a friends bike, or any bike I borrowed, I would pay for the repairs.
If your friends blows you off, he is really "NOT" your friend!
I hope you learned something from this event!

If I had that accident with a friends bike, or any bike I borrowed, I would pay for the repairs.
If your friends blows you off, he is really "NOT" your friend!
I hope you learned something from this event!

Right! - to get back to factory new, that's probably $600 or so just in parts - and I don't mean dealership prices, then the labor, . . .
He got anything you can drop?

D

I tell you what, I have the stock levers from mine and you can have it for free if you cover postage, PM me if you don't have one by now.

well... I have a rule about borrowing vehicles... whether I'm riding someone else's equipment or they are riding mine.
"you break it you fix it"

It will be expensive, but theguest rider should pay to put it all back the way it was before he did the damage.

(keeping that in mind makes me say "no thanks" a lot when others offer to have me ride their bikes.)

Hey man, I dropped my bike at a standstill as well, but fortunately didn't damage the engine cover. The front brake lever for me was 14 bucks, and everything else was superficial. Thankfully he didn't wheelie the bike or anything.

Rule from car too:

Your car and your wife you do not borrow :)
Sorry to hear that accident happened. Hope all will be fine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

1. A real friend will make all back to new. No need to even ask or discuss
2. Never risk your friendship over a bike. See point no.1 => Don't let a friend "try out" a bike. There are many in the dealership for that purpose.
3. You break, you pay. It is Newton's 5th law.

Shame.
Get well soon.

I let a friend ride my NCX one time. His bike ate a timing belt and died about 35 miles from his home with no cell reception. I told him to take my bike and get the truck and trailer and I would wait with his bike. He would have done the same for me if the role was reversed.
I wouldn't do that for everyone, just the ones that I trust. If he would have damaged my bike, I wouldn't have to ask him to pay for any repairs.
It really bothered him having to use my bike to get the trailer. But sometimes you do what you gotta do.
Neither of use would want to ride the others bike unless there was a very good reason. In the end, it's just a tool and if it gets totaled, it can be replaced. A true friend can't.

Back