• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

enlarging pillion seat, doable/reccomended ?

I am now thinking of going the other way..................removing or modifying (surgery on the foam) the passenger seat to allow a rider move movement back on the Seat Concepts allowing the full width of the front seat to used.

So, you mean making more space for rider to move back and forth?
what about poor pillion :(

So, you mean making more space for rider to move back and forth?
what about poor pillion :(

She is already unhappy...........so this will seal the deal not to ride in the NC and we take the other bike. Two inches further back for the rider makes me way happy.:eek:

Unless you and your wife are very small built, the NCX is not going to be "comfortable".
Seriously, I still think our bike is a 1-person motorcycle (which is best for me).
If you are doing 2-up on a long trip, another bike would be better.
:p

I wonder if one of those neck pillows that travelers use would work? The ones shaped like horseshoes. Some are even inflatable. I bet you could get one of those to surround the rear seat pad enough to provide a little extra support. Just spit-balling.

Unless you and your wife are very small built, the NCX is not going to be "comfortable".
Seriously, I still think our bike is a 1-person motorcycle (which is best for me).
If you are doing 2-up on a long trip, another bike would be better.
:p

That's the one drawback for me for the NC for me. I miss having Mrs. StraTuner with me when I'm doing something (riding) I love so much.
I've thought about adding a backrest and such, but I know that this bike was meant for one rider, not two.

A Honda GoldWing is the only thing BOTH of us could tour on, and that's just not in the cards for us.

Anyhow, tomorrow I'm heading on vacation so project is on hold until I return but I'm not quitting, as thanks to you I already have couple of proposals how to tackle it :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You just don't realize how lucky you are that your wife rides with you until after the fact. Do what ever it takes to make her comfortable, even if you got to purchase a Russell day long seat.8.jpg

smileytwoup.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your comments. I too am looking for a softer pillion seat for my wife. I'm perfectly happy with the seat I get but the one behind me is narrow and hard. Has anyone tried a seat pad such as these? Would they even attach and would the latch work?
I'm reluctant to order the Shad seat set for $$$ since I'm happy with my seat. The Shad pillion looks like it probably is softer than stock but it seems like a little wider would be better. It doesn't have to look good, it just has to be decently comfy for wide dolls.
Has anyone found a wider, softer pillion or had something custom work out for them?

Back