• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Equatorial Circumference of The Earth in miles . . .

You got me! - I'm Chicago Irish but grew up with Italians - Better food no doubt!

No worries, I'm Cleckheaton Yorkshire, but I lived & worked for years in Italy. It took me a while to adjust to Italian cooking - but it wasn't a great hardship.

Cheers

Chris

FYI, the measure unit "meter" was defined as the 1/10000 part of the Earth quadrant. Even the mother Earth preferes meters over milles :)

Not really. It was supposed to have been 1/10,000,000 of the quarter-meridian, but it was slightly off. It was standardized as that slightly-off distance anyway, and like everything metric, has been changed many times since by bickering scientists.

The current definition of the meter is "The length of the path travelled by light in vacuum during a time interval of 1/299,792,458 of a second." See Base unit definitions: Meter
If that's not one of the most clumsy, complicated, nonsensical, backwards-sourced definitions for such an ordinary everyday-use thing, I don't know what is.

Ok, lets go for something a little bit far away to see if we can find an agreement :)

(not mine, BTW)

93914km.jpg

Bonus track

How to change the air filter

[video=youtube;ei0rR6pScXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei0rR6pScXg&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Duk2n, I apologize. I had meant that reply to be something different from what it now looks like to me. Sorry if I sounded cross earlier. I still don't care for the metric system, but I'm glad to be on this forum, and on the NCX, and I'm glad you're here as well!

Duk2n, I apologize. I had meant that reply to be something different from what it now looks like to me. Sorry if I sounded cross earlier. I still don't care for the metric system, but I'm glad to be on this forum, and on the NCX, and I'm glad you're here as well!

No offense was taken mate! Who cares about meters vs milles if we have a NC700X to ride what ever measure you want?

Back