• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Experimental mounting of a Givi Topcase

BerndM

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't really care for the looks of a topcase mounted to a tailrack because it makes the bike look way out of balance with the case so high and so farrrr back there.
So I temporarily used adjustable nylon straps and strapped the Givi base plate directly to my rear seat in such a way that the seat will still properly latch and unlatch and swing up and lock there as well. The case does NOT touch the rear fender when tilted back.
I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet because of the high winds we are currently having, but it is really solid on there and it might just make a really good back rest.
I'll let you know how that works out.
I think I like the appearance and it will even better after I paint the case lid to match the bike.:cool:

Attachments

• 20140512_131507.jpg
    20140512_131507.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 976
I think the top box looks a lot better in that location. If you mounted it to Dale's passenger seat rack it would be perfect.

I think the top box looks a lot better in that location. If you mounted it to Dale's passenger seat rack it would be perfect.

+1

Are you old enough to remember the GL500 Silverwing? (back when a Silverwing was a motorcycle and not scooter, lol)

They had optional OEM accessory mounts to replace and/or add on to the rear seat for luggage. I always thought it was a cool idea.

That is an awesome idea. It would be cool if Dale could modify the plate so it mounts easily but I'm sure there is a differnet route that could be taken. I have the OEM topbox and would surely mount it closer if possible.

If you buy a Givi Monolock top box it comes with a flat universal mount plate that would bolt right onto Dale's rack.

Thanks for the responses guys.
The main reason I did what I did was 3 fold
1) I'm a cheap bastard
2) I LOVE to experiment
3) I can remove the entire case and mounting plate in under a minute and still have a rear seat.
Oh, and did I mention I'm a cheap bastard??? :rolleyes:

i like the idea too,but i think there is a bit room to move it further back. just an inch or so. you might find yourself uncomfortable, cause now it's look too close to your back

other than that-great. buy can of paint and paint the case top in either red or that matte grey as a frame. i believe rustoleum have almost same exact color(see my home made tool tubes color)

97b3f10abfd6.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys.
The main reason I did what I did was 3 fold
1) I'm a cheap bastard
2) I LOVE to experiment
3) I can remove the entire case and mounting plate in under a minute and still have a rear seat.
Oh, and did I mention I'm a cheap bastard??? :rolleyes:

I don't believe it. If you were cheap you'd have an old 1980s motorcycle, not a fairly new NC700X.

Don't call yourself cheap. It sounds better to say you're parsimonious (yes, look that one up).

I don't believe it. If you were cheap you'd have an old 1980s motorcycle, not a fairly new NC700X.

Don't call yourself cheap. It sounds better to say you're parsimonious (yes, look that one up).

I look forward to October every year. I sure do love some some good delicious ripe parsimons and that's the only time of year we get them.

(I'm not parsimonious; I'm penurious). (And, yes, that was a correctly used semicolon).

Back