• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Extra battery for GPS

Eventvwr

Reaction score
Visit site
I pick up my NC700X next week (fingers crossed) but I'm planning a trip already and I am certain to get lost. I can get a Garmin zumo 390LM - but as far as I know the bike has no power socket to charge it. Am I likely to be able to shove a backup battery in the frunk and run the GPS off that? I'm not sure how snug the lid is or if there are any handy gaps to sneak a USB cable through. I guess I could stick a battery in my jacket pocket. I'm thinking of something like this

Just to be clear, I will probably look at a permanent solution in the future but I'm after something quick to get me navigated in a couple of weeks time

You should not have a problem running you wire out from the frunk. That is how I power my Garmin. I have my connection inside so that I can charge my battery pack on the move at the same time. I only run the GPS of its battery in heavy rain.

Congrats on your new bike.

If you install the honda subharness and relay it'll give you switched 4 slots to power accessories from the bike battery. If all you have is your GPS and you have a simpler solution through a battery in the frunk, it may not be worth the cost though.

The rubber gasket around the edge of the frunk is very forgiving of thick cables being passed through it. I run my Garmin GPS on a cable that is plugged into the Honda accessory outlet that the dealer installed when I bought the bike.

The rubber gasket around the edge of the frunk is very forgiving of thick cables being passed through it. I run my Garmin GPS on a cable that is plugged into the Honda accessory outlet that the dealer installed when I bought the bike.

That's good to know. I was thinking I would have to make a hole somewhere but it sounds like it may not be necessary!

Back