• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

first complaint...unfortunately...

The more I read about the dealer issues, the more I value my dealer and their commitment to decent service to their customers. The service manager at All Seasons Sport Center " Jeff" has been a stellar rep of their company. I valued him and his crew a great deal before. After reading some of the reports on here, I'm valuing his attitude even more ! If you live near Wooster, Ohio , pay these folks a visit on a saturday by riding there. Nice bunch and I have purchased one BMW , two Moto-Guzzis and my NC700x from these folks. After reading some of the problems others have had with their dealers, I'm even more grateful for and to these fine folks. Ask for Steve or Jeff or Chris or any of these guys. After reading some of the reports here, I better take some fresh donuts down there in the morning ! LOL

I wouldn't be afraid to change a water pump on the NC. But, . . .

If you're suggesting that since I posted a photo of an NC700 water pump impeller in the NC Mystery Part game, that it have actually changed a water pump on my NC, that would be incorrect. I did take that photo, but it was from the cut-away engine that Honda displayed at the motorcycle show in Indianapolis this past February!

All the engine parts on my NC are original so far except for the oil filter and oil.

Greg

Last edited:
I wouldn't be afraid to change a water pump on the NC. But, . . .

If you're suggesting that since I posted a photo of an NC700 water pump impeller in the NC Mystery Part game, that it have actually changed a water pump on my NC, that would be incorrect. I did take that photo, but it was from the cut-away engine that Honda displayed at the motorcycle show in Indianapolis this past February!

All the engine parts on my NC are original so far except for the oil filter and oil.

Greg

Ah! I figured it had to be something along those lines, but my curiosity was piqued a bit, I admit! :eek:

I had a water pump failure on my bike at about 1,050 miles. I even got a call from Honda USA after the shop did the warranty replacement free of charge to me. At that time I was told that mine was the first one Honda USA had heard of.

After removing the radiator to do the valve check, I did not tighten the upper radiator hose clamp enough and I had a very small leak with this hose.

Art

Well did the water pump tonight. Everything goes smooth when following the service manual procedure for removal. Went ahead and checked the valves for the 24,000 mile service and everything is still in check. May replace the valve cover gasket next time as it seems to be "mushing" more than usual. Only hitch with doing the pump was on the upper most screw. For the first time ever I got myself stuck with a gear wrench that butt up to the frame taking the screw off....that's a big bummer by the way lol. It's the flip it to reverse directions wrench so once it got stuck there was no turning back. Needless to say I have many scratched on the frame and had to scrap that now bent screw, but it could have been worse. I ran the bike until the fan came on to bleed the cooling system and haven't seen any leaks yet! Yay! Didn't notice anything unusual with the old pump but as long as the leak is no more I am happy.

That's great to hear. Good work! I'm happy to report my local dealer did me right and replaced the bad battery on warranty. Now it's back to putting on the (s)miles.

Well did the water pump tonight. Everything goes smooth when following the service manual procedure for removal. Went ahead and checked the valves for the 24,000 mile service and everything is still in check. May replace the valve cover gasket next time as it seems to be "mushing" more than usual. Only hitch with doing the pump was on the upper most screw. For the first time ever I got myself stuck with a gear wrench that butt up to the frame taking the screw off....that's a big bummer by the way lol. It's the flip it to reverse directions wrench so once it got stuck there was no turning back. Needless to say I have many scratched on the frame and had to scrap that now bent screw, but it could have been worse. I ran the bike until the fan came on to bleed the cooling system and haven't seen any leaks yet! Yay! Didn't notice anything unusual with the old pump but as long as the leak is no more I am happy.

Hi Hmcp88,
i am NCX owner from malaysia. tought this is old post but is very helpfull for me. just to check, are you repaired the water pump by yourself? coz i facing the same problem also but not so bad... hope get your relpy...:eek:

Congrats on your successful waterpumpectomy! :p
Now that you have the new one installed, and you checked the old one as being OK, you now have a spare, on the remote possibility that it will EVER be needed again.
Grease it up a bit and store it in a big ZipLock bag for future use. All you'll need is a gasket.

My water pump is leaking on my NC. I started to take it off today, but the bolts that hold the pump in place will not come all the way out. At least one of them will get loose and be free of the threads, but the head hits the frame of the bike and the threaded end is still just to long to clear the hole its coming out of. Am I just completely overlooking the obvious?? Is there a trick to removing the pump?? Im gonna take another look in the morning and hopefully I'm just having a brain fart.

My water pump is leaking on my NC. I started to take it off today, but the bolts that hold the pump in place will not come all the way out. At least one of them will get loose and be free of the threads, but the head hits the frame of the bike and the threaded end is still just to long to clear the hole its coming out of. Am I just completely overlooking the obvious?? Is there a trick to removing the pump?? Im gonna take another look in the morning and hopefully I'm just having a brain fart.

Do you have to completely remove the bolts, or simply loosen them fully, and then slide out the entire water pump assembly with the bolts unable to come out, still in the thing?

I think the pump might pull out as far as possible to clear the dowel pins, (like on a clutch cover) and then carefully slide back/down with the loose bolt/s still in it.

I say carefully, because there is an o-ring around the inside perimetre too.

I just bought ( last Wednesday ) a leftover 2014 700x , I only have 170 miles on it so far. I'll have to check the pump area on mine. I was following an ancient Toyota camry while out for a ride today , thought I smelled coolant. Brushed it off as being the old camry.....hope it was.

No leaks!. Saw a sticker on the frame indicating the instrument cluster has already been dealt with by the dealer....this is good.

Update. Already had 600 mile service completed awhile back , also had too have an O-ring replaced in thermostat housing due to a leak. A hundred or so miles later , the leak returned. Bike went back to Honda for 2nd repair. This time they replaced another O-ring and the thermostat housing. I'll try to update this again in a few hundred miles and advise if it's still leaking. DoH.

Back