• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

first complaint...unfortunately...

Well , the leak has returned. September 13 is the date it returns for its 3rd thermostat leak repair , yep this is getting old. If this doesn't remedy the issue , it may be time to part with the 700x, hope not.

A quick chat with Honda North America is in order, and be sure to be aware of your options.

Telephone: (866) 784-1870

Lemon Law for Motorcycles Protects Ohio Consumers

Q: Can Ohio’s Lemon Law help me if my motorcycle is a lemon?
A: Yes. The law can require the manufacturer to replace or buy back a motorcycle that you purchased or leased if it:
• had a defect that substantially impaired its use, value or safety; and
• was not, or could not be, properly repaired or repaired in a timely manner.
The law does not, however, cover parts added to your bike by a dealer.

Q: How do I know if my motorcycle is a lemon?
A: All new motorcycles come with warranties from the manufacturer. If you have problems, you should go back to your dealer or another authorized repair shop to have the problem diagnosed and fixed. If the problem is not corrected within a reasonable number of attempts or days out of service, then your vehicle may qualify for Ohio Lemon Law remedies. You may be able to get a new motorcycle or your money back.

Q: How many repair attempts must be made before my motorcycle is considered a lemon?
A: Your motorcycle will be considered a lemon if:
1) **substantially the same problem has been subject to repair three or more times and still exists or recurs;**
2) the motorcycle has been out of service for a total of 30 or more calendar days for repairs;
3) eight or more attempts have been made to repair any substantial defect or condition that does not comply with the warranty;
4) at least one repair attempt has been made for a safety-related problem and the problem either continues to exist or recurs.

https://www.ohiobar.org/ForPublic/R...-for-Motorcycles-Protects-Ohio-Consumers.aspx

Last edited:
Wow , thanks wickerman. I'll read more about this. It just seems crazy that a simple thermostat leak hasn't been remedied as of yet. I have kept Honda ( located in Torrance California ) updated.

Thank you and yes, I hope so. The 700x is so versatile IMO. Enough power for highway travel ( when needed ) , just an all around good joe.

My water pump is leaking on my NC. I started to take it off today, but the bolts that hold the pump in place will not come all the way out. At least one of them will get loose and be free of the threads, but the head hits the frame of the bike and the threaded end is still just to long to clear the hole its coming out of. Am I just completely overlooking the obvious?? Is there a trick to removing the pump?? Im gonna take another look in the morning and hopefully I'm just having a brain fart.

Wondering how you went with this issue...

Me too - I emailed the guy privately, hopefully he will respond.

EDIT: There was a guy on here who said managed to remove his. It must be slight deviance in the manufacturing process - crappy gambling if you wanna do it yourself :)

Last edited:
Back