• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

First Tank MPG

I have been patching tires for 42 years with worry. What started all this was some one at a motorcycle shop did a bad job of putting a pug in an a result was a law suit. Now no motorcycle shop will patch a tire. Also it is a good way to get you to buy a new tire. Like I said in previous post I put five patches in my last front tire and it wore out, never leaked.

I'm not used to measure gas in galons and distance in miles, but If my maths are ok, I believe I'm getting the same figures here... about 3,7 liters each 100 km.

Mine is in for it's 600 mile service. I have gotten 65 miles per gallon with each fill up. I do ride it hard. I think I would like it with 10 to 15% lower gearing.

Today I hit the red flashing bar, and promptly went to fill up.
This is how I calculate quickly instead of using Fuelly or some other techno method.

350km, 10+ litres
Lets say 11 litres for 350km means 3.1 Liters/100km. Not bad at all!

My current mileage on my NCX bike is 3500km, first serviced at 1200km.
I ride 20% highway (100-130kmh) , 80% twisties with "spirited" riding (usually 3500-4500rpm max, between 50-90kmh).

:p

I also have been getting about 78mpg, but have only gone through two tanks so far. Quick question about the fuel gauge though- I thought it was supposed to go from two bars, to one bar, to the flashing red bar? Mine will go from two bars right to flashing red (at around 200-210 miles), but will only take 2.6 or 2.7 gallons at fill up.

Mine definitely goes down one bar at a time. At the flashing red/black bar it has been taking about 3 gallons - leaving .7 in reserve - between 190 and 220 miles.

The shop told me that the rear tire for the NC is not a typical standard width (160). I also wanted to get the OEM Metzler rear tire instead of another brand. I have a question to add to this post. Does anyone use Ride-On tire sealer in anything they own, be it car, bicycle, motorcyle, etc...? And what do you think of the product? My local shop told me about the sealant and after doing a little research, it seems like a good product.

I have used Ride-On in my last bike and luckily never saw it in action. I bought that stuff after I had gotten a screw in my rear tire, used teh Stop and Go tire plugger and riode on that tire for another 2,000miles or so before replacing both tires due to wear. I liked the Ride-On as it balances the tire so when you use it you don't need balancing wieght on the wheel. Also seeing the you-tube videos made me a believer. I plan on getting some for my NC and putting it in soon.

I haven't had to fill up yet from my first tank but when I do I'll add in my MPG's.

First fill up yesterday got me an in-accurate 64MPG's. I say in-accurate because I was basing it of my odometer milage and the amount of fuel pumped in, which I overfilled it and spilled some. So figuring that the dealership hadn't filled my tank to the point of overfilling on it's first fill up, I'm pretty sure I had gotted better than the 64MPG's.

After I left the dealer, I topped mine off and deducted the 13 miles on the odometer. Then went for a ride.

So I filled my first tank after riding 208 miles. I got 72 MPG. Wonderful! I am really enjoying learning to ride. I went out for a 50 mile ride today and got a nail in the rear tire. Made it back to the shop and now I have to leave it there until next Thursday so they can order and install the new tire. :( But While it's there, I will get the rear carrier and center stand installed. I also hope the leg deflectors, foot deflectors, and ACC socket come in so they can be installed too.

Rocketman24,

Did you get the ACC socket ( I presumed is the 12V socket) installed?
Where did you put the socket?

Thanks
Chee

I got my NC back today after getting the tire changed. Everything was installed except for the foot deflectors (back-order until November). Here are pics with the center stand, rear carrier, ACC socket and leg deflectors installed.IMG_0020.jpgIMG_0021.jpgIMG_0022.jpgIMG_0023.jpgIMG_0024.jpg

I take it you're a new rider and I DO NOT want you to try anything beyond your skill level but I'd sure like to know how that bike does on a trip over Montezuma Pass to Parker Canyon Lake and back.

Back