• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Follow-up on my new Leo Vince pipe

MichaelJohn

Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit that I was a little surprised and a bit miffed at the criticism I got for my new, louder exhaust on my last post. Maybe I overstated the loudness of the new pipe but to suggest that children would have to plug their ears when I go by or that drivers could not hear their radios is utterly ridiculous. I have put a couple of hundred miles on the bike now and have gotten used to the new sound level and it is NOT that loud. It does however sound a hell of a lot better than stock (to me) and the DB killer will not be going back in. I know that some make fun of "loud pipes save lives" but now when I am passing through parking lots pedestrians do notice me. That never happened before on the NC (I have to be extra careful on my Zero). The bike is not offensively loud, it is simply audible now. In fact, today I was lane-splitting on the freeway and I was wishing that it was louder for that particular activity. Now when I am in traffic I do feel like I have a better chance of being heard as well as seen. It can't hurt, right? I do get a kick out of revving it occasionally just to hear the new sound...however I'm not being crazy - just a little blip at a stoplight now and then. One thing is certain, my riding experience has been enhanced by this addition to the bike. Now it sounds like what a motorcycle should sound like to me. Maybe my electric bike has made me crave a little noise, but I really like the deep rumble of a good old-fashioned internal combustion engine.

Here is a good YouTube video of the difference between stock and the Leo Vince-with and without the DB killer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zWi20xVssR8

In all fairness, you were the one that stated that you were "rattling windows", so I'd say that put the audio "image" into the reader's minds, and invoked corresponding reactions by those sensitive to the motorcycle noise issue.

Last edited:
Was nice hearing the different versions. I think it sounds nicer without the DB killer. I have ridden past some of my co-workers who were walking and they didn't even here me until I was right behind them. In your first post I assumed you were taking some poetic license :)

Back