• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork Seal Protectors??

Ruggybuggy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Someone posted a picture a while back of some plastic seal protectors and wondering where a chap could get a set. I use to have a Vstrom and they came stock with them. Basically kept the bugs of the fork tubes so they don't get caught in the fork seal.

Last edited:
I have them also and they work well. Just ensure that on full fork compression they would not hit the fairing. That is just a matter of placing them just right so as not to do so.

Mine are basically the Honda version of the Triumph ones most seen here. They were just generic VFR800/ST1300 type OEM ones that come on those bikes and other models.

#18 in the picture

2010 Honda ST1300 A FRONT FORK | Babbitts Honda Parts House

They are one piece though. I just split them at the back, and use a zip tie to tighten them to the forks. I originally installed them on my BMW many years ago, where they worked awesome. One of the few things on that bike that didn't let me down, and of course they were Honda parts lol.

I made sure to keep them when I traded in for my NCX :)

When you install them you'll think they were made for this bike. They fit perfectly.

Mine are basically the Honda version of the Triumph ones most seen here. They were just generic VFR800/ST1300 type OEM ones that come on those bikes and other models.

#18 in the picture

2010 Honda ST1300 A FRONT FORK | Babbitts Honda Parts House

They are one piece though. I just split them at the back, and use a zip tie to tighten them to the forks. I originally installed them on my BMW many years ago, where they worked awesome. One of the few things on that bike that didn't let me down, and of course they were Honda parts lol.

I made sure to keep them when I traded in for my NCX :)

Do you think they would fit like OE if you removed the forks and slide them down?

I just can't help but think the fork boots would be a better option, even if it does require a little more work to install.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The "accordion style" boots look good and are worth the extra effort. I was just too lazy to go that route...

Do you think they would fit like OE if you removed the forks and slide them down?

The NCX's forks are 41mm diam and the ST's and VFR's of various model years are anywhere from 43 to 45mm that I can see at a quick look on the 'net. I just got them way back when for cheap.

Honda (Canada) has CBF600SA models with the same protectors and their forks are 41mm, same as our NCX's though. They may be a perfect slip on fit, but can't confirm.

The Triumph items are already split and just slip into place. A chrome bolt then clamps them in position. It is likely that Triumph use the same Japanese fork manufacturer as Honda hence the made to fit aspect.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link, I just bought them and thanks everyone for your input. I asked first thing this morning and had the part ordered by noon.

What took you so long? You had your answer in 22 minutes. :)

Just ensure that on full fork compression they would not hit the fairing. That is just a matter of placing them just right so as not to do so.

Unless you put them on crooked which would look awful and defeat the purpose of them, there is no problem with them hitting the fairing.

Unless you put them on crooked which would look awful and defeat the purpose of them, there is no problem with them hitting the fairing.

HONDABIKEPRO once commented that these (Triumph fork protectors) would not work with the Honda light bar. I don't have the bar so I cannot confirm that statement.

I don't seem to be having any problems but I will admit I'm not the most observant person on this forum. Here is a photo of my bike with the Triumph protectors and my honda light bar. You can tell by the dirt that the forks have compressed to a point where the protectors must tuck behind the bar and there is no damaged so they must be clearing the inside of the bar. Probably only by a millimeter though. I did not check for any clearance issues. I'll have to check.

20140209_155658.jpg

Last edited:
Back