• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork Seal Protectors??

Must spend a lot of time washing down the radiator.

The evidence would suggest the opposite is true. :rolleyes:

Sorry we're picking on you, misterk. A muddy bike is actually a badge of honor, assuming you didn't crash.

Lol, I do need to do something about that front fender.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

don't take any notice of these LAZY folks misterk. what a load of codswallop,a muddy bike is a badge of honor .
just pure laziness that's all.
washing your bike down will help to keep it value(but it wont stop it value going down) .
two bikes one clean one and one that never been washed which would you choose?
oh and dont give me that b*llshit its well maintained but a dirty marked bike.
you look after your bike misterk coz your not a lone I to like to keep my bike clean.
oh and while your washing the bike down you can inspect if theres any thing that needs seeing to.

06708ce95b1fd7383a340d5a6d2641c9.jpg

84b13bc33205551f6a0d6cc7497b8ddb.jpg

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I see you didn't take Johnakay's advice

06708ce95b1fd7383a340d5a6d2641c9.jpg

84b13bc33205551f6a0d6cc7497b8ddb.jpg

Northwest rider,
I see in addition to fork protectors you have a fender extender and radiator guard to keep the mud off/out of the radiator. Easier to prevent the mud build up and overheating of the engine then to treat the problem after if occurs. I used the same strategy to protect the radiator on my Versys.

The rad guard is a one off prototype from ALTrider,they used my bike to mock up NC products that they decided not to produce.They might start selling the guard but when they gave it to me they were not available.I bought my NC for extended off road trips so I set it up to survive.
734c0bc01fda41d93fddcfbc48fdc577.jpg

c5b4ea71836e2854618825be79fc9ae6.jpg

fe513c8f88936f9d5e4a667bc3edfa94.jpg

f8d958e9f6ceeaf0e0bc9bc8ca213027.jpg

Here is (IMHO) the simplest solution of all. Totally covers the chrome portion, washable, full length Velcro strip up the back so NO FORK REMOVAL needed.
A buddy has these on his bike. Took all of 5 minutes to install them both. He removes them every couple of weeks to wipe down the chrome with a lightly WD40'd rag.
And NO..., in case you were wondering, I do NOT work for these guys.

https://www.denniskirk.com/587961.s...lid=CMXOi8a_tsoCFVBlfgodAmYKlg&ad=45712965997

I bought the triumphs b/c I like the way they look. Call me petty. Its ok.
Me too. I want to protect the seals, but I don't like the look of the rubber gaiters, nor the neoprene style boots...I'll be ordering the Triumphs :)

Here is (IMHO) the simplest solution of all. Totally covers the chrome portion, washable, full length Velcro strip up the back so NO FORK REMOVAL needed.
A buddy has these on his bike. Took all of 5 minutes to install them both. He removes them every couple of weeks to wipe down the chrome with a lightly WD40'd rag.
And NO..., in case you were wondering, I do NOT work for these guys.

https://www.denniskirk.com/587961.s...lid=CMXOi8a_tsoCFVBlfgodAmYKlg&ad=45712965997

I am going to order those for the Goldwing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Triumph fork protectors are the bomb. Overpriced for simple plastic especially after shipping charges, but they look like an OEM accessory.

Just curious if anyone has had their fork seals fail from rock or bug damage. It seems that just cleaning this area on a regular basis would be enough. I could see this being a must if you did a lot of offroad or gravel road riding, but it seems like overkill for most of us who ride the NCX on the road.

Just curious if anyone has had their fork seals fail from rock or bug damage. It seems that just cleaning this area on a regular basis would be enough. I could see this being a must if you did a lot of offroad or gravel road riding, but it seems like overkill for most of us who ride the NCX on the road.

I ride mostly on road, but I noticed quite a few good sized chips and dings in the plastic protectors when replacing my fork seals at 55k miles this weekend. I'm sure they chip easier than the metal forks, but it's relatively cheap protection and peace of mind.

trey

New link for triumph parts - A9641010 - Triumph Kit fork protector. Tools, Equipment, Motorcycle | Cross Country Cycle, Metuchen NJ

None of the links in the prior posts worked for me - I assume this is the same thing based on part number A9641010. This is $15 each and about $8 shipping.

If I am wrong please correct me, or you find a cheaper source.

OH -not sure if the kit includes left and right - looks like prior comments said kit is 2 protectors so would be total of $22.95 with shipping vs. $37.95.

Last edited:
Back