• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Fork Seal Protectors??

BikeBandit has them for $14.95 (pair) + $7.95 S&H. If you buy 2 pairs S&H goes to $9.95, so if you have fellow rider(s) close by that's interested it might be worth placing a single order and splitting the S&H. For two, this saves almost $4 on a total purchase of about $23, which equates to 17% discount. Of course the other perspective is that it saves you just $4!!

BikeBandit account holders may also benefit from "Bandit Bucks"!! I have some in the "bank" so I might go ahead with this!

If you have a 3D printer you can check out this link which is apparently the same or very similar size. Found on a VFR forum where they were purchasing the same Triumph kits to protect their forks.

New link for triumph parts - A9641010 - Triumph Kit fork protector. Tools, Equipment, Motorcycle | Cross Country Cycle, Metuchen NJ

None of the links in the prior posts worked for me - I assume this is the same thing based on part number A9641010. This is $15 each and about $8 shipping.

If I am wrong please correct me, or you find a cheaper source.

OH -not sure if the kit includes left and right - looks like prior comments said kit is 2 protectors so would be total of $22.95 with shipping vs. $37.95.

Yeah, Cross Country confirmed a set covers both sides - they corrected my order and it was $22.95 all in with shipping. Their customer service was very good.

Got the forks this week and installed over the weekend. Less than 2 minutes to install with a single screwdriver and no removing of parts necessary. My kind of upgrade!!

I just got these recently for my Integra, they do the job, good quality materials and they fit just right. Besides, the price was nice too.

Black Universal Motorcycle Fork Leg Stanchion Protectors Easy Fit | eBay

What is not mentioned on ebay, is that you also get two rubber liners that go under the protectors to prevent any movement and two quality zip ties. Once put on, they don't go anywhere and stay put.

Last edited:
Triumph has obsoleted the A9641010 and does not have a replacement part.

I need something for my new NC... to the googles we go...

Yeah TGR let me know if you find anything, I ordered the Triumph ones from a couple places that listed them for sale only to get an email and refund that they are no longer available.:(

I have a pair of these I think from Triumph that were on my 2013 when I bought it. In 300,000 plus miles riding I've smashed a lot of bugs and not had problems with leaky fork seals. I consider the protectors a motorcycling myth but that's just me.

These I took off my '13 because they hit the Honda accessory light bar when the forks compressed and gouged up the plastic a little but the gouges could be trimmed up cleanly with a sharp blade or hobby knife. If you read this far I'll give them away for the shipping.

IMG_1484.jpg

Ok, finally made it home through a massive thunderstorm and took a video of the interference between the Triumph fork protectors and the Honda light bar. The protectors DO make contact with the bar but the only time they make contact is at FULL LOCK. The angle of the protector and the fact that the light bar is round pushes the protector under the bar and the protector bends. When contact is made it does not hit the bar dead center. It hits the rounded inside edge. The protectors are not ridged and are very flexible. Again, as I said, they only make contact and full lock and under heavy compression of the forks. I don't make it a practice of applying my brakes hard while in a turn and the only time the bars are turned that far is when it is parked. In my opinion it is not an issue. Obviously this is my opinion and everyone else should make there own decision. Mine will be staying on.

[video=youtube_share;f2nWgRw4PzM]
Very clear and helpful .... thanks

Back