• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FRANKENSEAT - my mod

Therapy

Reaction score
Visit site
So.

I did the slope mod last week sometime I think. It is in one of the seat mod threads....somewhere.

I am 6'4" with long legs and long arms. On all my bikes I need to sit higher and further back. This one is no exception.

But it is harder to do because of the rear seat shape. My first try I got the pad nice but the overhang to the rear seat was so much that I could not open it. I had to cut it down.

Still, it is much better than the original with it's slope and skimpy padding.

It is Butt-ugly though. Oh well. Will test thoroughly ASAP.

Frankenseat03.JPGFrankenseat16.JPGFrankenseat17.JPGFrankenseat18.JPGFrankenseat19.JPGFrankenseat20.JPGFrankenseat21.JPGFrankenseat22.JPGFrankenseat23.JPGFrankenseat15.JPGFrankenseat14.JPGFrankenseat04.JPGFrankenseat05.JPGFrankenseat06.JPGFrankenseat07.JPGFrankenseat08.JPGFrankenseat09.JPGFrankenseat10.JPG
Frankenseat13.JPGP6292166.JPG

And I have no idea how to put the pics in order like I tried to load them. Nor do I know how to captian them with text between them. The numbers of the attachment are not listed in the "manage attachment" thumbnails. It would be nice to know.

Last edited:
Haha! "Butt ugly" (no pun intended, right?). That would be great marketing.

What kind of foam did you use?

Closed cell from Sailrite.

Foam Closed Cell Natural 1 1/2" x 56"

I do wish I could have put a slightly softer foam for the top inch but oh well. I was in a hurry to get the job done.
I also figured that since my boat cushions I have been sitting on for 25 years are made of the same thing and I have been fine with them.

Last edited:
Three.
Mine and the boys each have one.

They had been researching bikes for a couple of years but kept it quiet because the wife and I know the risks and they were not allowed them when minors.
Well, I am getting old and cannot do a lot of things I always wanted to so after a 25+ year hiatus I bought another bike. That burst the dam and within two weeks both boys had one too.

I did that once. It turned out much worse than your effort. If it's comfortable, awesome!

Back