• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

FYI, My center stand is on back order until 11-15.

mpgandfun

Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought i'd mention this in case any others were going to order one. I don't want to wait that long
so i'm going to search for an aftermarket stand, -if they even exist lol.

Supermek, The State of Michigan, U.S.A. Seems like a long time to wait for a simple component.

I cancelled the order with my dealer where I got the bike from. They refunded my deposit. I haven't started looking for
an aftermarket one yet, but its nice to hear that they're out there. I hope I can find one less than $125 (what my Honda dealer was charging).

I hope I can find one less than $125 (what my Honda dealer was charging).
In Sweden we pay USD 260 for the Honda center stand and that might be the reason why we have them in stock? :)
If you can order the stand for USD 125 I would do it, but not pay in advance. Cheaper than that and you got the risk of getting someones crap.

There is a big supply crunch on this bike and its parts (globally), I was told.
There was also a shift of parts storehouse from DE to UK (or vice versa), this adds to the problem of the supply chain.

This bike is new, so not many garages will stock them nor its parts.

I got mine after 6 weeks. I paid 100chf (list price was 250chf or something).

Take care, patience is a virtue. :cool:

I thought you guys use Euros's?
Most of us do. But as a courtesy to our friends on the other side of the pond, I gave you the translated currency in USD. In Sweden we do not use Euro, but the Swedish Krona, and we are very happy for this at the moment...

The currency excange betwen Krona, USD and Euro is native for us. We can do it in the sleep. But Joes Swiss Franc is not that common to me. I'm lost when he give us prices in his currency ;-) well, I know it is close to USD.

So Joe said he got a deal on it for 100 Swiss chocolates and when I checked heRe in Florida it was 150 clams. 250 Swiss chocolates seems high.

You know what? The reason I find online forums interesting and good is the fact that many people here help one another out.

Years ago, I was once on another biker forum, and I received a honda side-mirror (I dropped my bike and it broke) from the USA for free.
He did not want payment, and so I sent him 50chf worth of chocolates and he received them with thanks.

Another time, the President / vice-president of the ibmwr.org visited me in my home country (not switzerland). I promptly gave him my R1100R for free (not even checking his license and so on) and he thoroughly enjoyed a day out with a Beemer from a fellow forummer.
That is what I call forum biker comaraderie?

Recently I cannot say I found the same in some other forums. People are skeptical and cautious (some even accused me of being too good to be true).
But I can still say this forum still rocks. More and more friendlies are coming onboard. Welcome!

If anyone wants Swiss chocolates, you only need to ask.
:D

Of all the forums I belong to (or have belonged to) both motorcycle and football related I have yet to find an unfriendly one. Of course sometimes people have differing opinions which is fine as it often leads to interesting discussions What sometimes spoils things is when a member gets upset because someone else posts an opinin that differs with theirs and goes crying to the Admin with tales of being bullied and cries of nobody likes me. I often have strong opinos on things (ask my wife) with which others disagree and i'm always will ing to listen to (read about) these. Of course i then reserve the right to reply to their comments. this is called debate and providing it does not sink to the level of personal insults is not a bad thing and can often make a forum more lively.
Something else that can upset some people is when a member insists on posting in every single thread whether they have anything useful to add or not. quite often these posts have no bearing on the subject of the thread. Whilst I am quite a prolific poster if the thread is about a subject on which I have little or no knowledge then I will not post unless it is to ask a specific question on the subject of the thread. Of course I will read these threads on the principle that your never too old to learn

Back