• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi trekker luggage

Rocker66

Site Supporter
Reaction score
www.kawasakiw650.co.uk
I believe that some of you have fitted Givi trekker luggage. I'm possibly considering fitting this to my new bike if I change in March so I was wondering if current users have any opinions or comments be they positive or negative.

All views would be much appreciated

I've been researching "luggage" options for a while now. I've settled on the OEM Honda over the Givi options for 1 simple reason. I do not like the hardware left on the bike when the bags are removed. More than 90% of the time I will not have bags on.

With that said I would go with the Givi stuff in all other aspects!

Just my opinion.

I've been researching "luggage" options for a while now. I've settled on the OEM Honda over the Givi options for 1 simple reason. I do not like the hardware left on the bike when the bags are removed. More than 90% of the time I will not have bags on.

With that said I would go with the Givi stuff in all other aspects!

Just my opinion.

Thanks for that. As my Crossrunner is usually used just for leisure the panniers would probably be on most of the time so it would not be too much of a problem. It is something to think about though

I love my Trekkers. I just picked up a Ful Powerbag (messenger bag with a battery to charge devices) and it fits like a glove in my 33L pannier. The hardware doesn't look too bad when the bags are not on. They are pricey but I would buy them again if anything ever happened to them.

Hi folks! I've posted this question in the UK forum, I'm hopeful someone here may know... I'm trying to decide between the Trekker side bags or the Honda OEM. In either case (sorry, pun unintended!) I will not be getting a top box. The question is, can you fit a heavy duty motorbike jacket in them? Not for touring purposes, just to be able to change out of bike clothes for work.

I have the OEM bags and I can fit my large Cortech armored blue jean jacket in the bag, with some finessing..

I, too, can fit an armored jacket in one of the Honda saddlebags. I can _not_ fit my 1-piece armored suit in them thus far, even with all liners removed. I can fit the liners in one, though, so I can wear it lined in the early AM, put the insulated liner in the saddlebag and ride home in the PM with just the armored outer layer.

I like mine.

016.jpg

19Custom.jpg

When i spoke to the local dealer i was told that to fit the givi or honda rack thingy to the bike you have to slightly modify the original grab handles on the Nc. Is this true or are they trying to get extra labour charges for themselves?

When i spoke to the local dealer i was told that to fit the givi or honda rack thingy to the bike you have to slightly modify the original grab handles on the Nc. Is this true or are they trying to get extra labour charges for themselves?
The Honda mounts require some cutting of the body panels around the grab handle mounting locations. I don't think the Givi mounts require any modification. Another mod free application is the SW-Motech rack which also has quick release brackets available for the top case and side bags.

Bob

Back