• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Givi trekker luggage

Does it make a difference what rear rack you put on the bike? Does the top kit mounting hardware simply connects to it?

What rack do you have installed?

The 2 most popular racks for the Trekkers are the Givi and SW-Motech. With the Givi you get the two side rails and order the correct plate that bolts to them and mounts the luggage. In other words the mount for the luggage is the rear rack. With the SW-Motech, the rack consists of the mounting arms and small rack. You then order an adapter plate for the top case that that attaches to the rack with 3 quick release fasteners.

I went with the SW-Motech rack because Givi doesn't yet make quick release mounts for side cases. Another reason for the Motech was that I don't always have the bags on the bike and I personally thought the Givi mounts were kinda ugly when the bags weren't installed. That is just my personal opinion and YMMV. I've posted pictures of the various luggage combinations in the Gallery section of the forum if you want to see what they look like. I have the V46 and E45 cases instead of the Trekkers, but there are pics of just the mounts also.

Bob

You don't have to have rear luggage for the givi. I use the 1111KIT which affairs without the luggage... Just another option.

Maybe different for different models, but my trekkers do have quick release.

I agree with others that the mounts could look a little nicer with bags off, but not horrible. I usually leave mine on. I can post pics if you want.

Back