• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Got one...

I can't tell you about installation because they are still sitting on the garage floor waiting for installation time, which will be at least another week from now. :(

Harald,

BEFORE installing the GIVI engine bars you might want to take a look at Beemerphile's advice on getting longer bolts for the install.

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/414-givi-engine-bars.html

I believe if you read the entire thread you'll find you can reuse two of the original engine mount bolts.

Sorry to hear that Dominican.

Try to hit them with an e-mail... from my experience they quite helpful... maybe you'll find some solution. It's always worth to try! :cool:

Sorry to hear that Dominican.

Try to hit them with an e-mail... from my experience they quite helpful... maybe you'll find some solution. It's always worth to try! :cool:

I was able to get it from Rocky Mountain ATV :) .

I am between two windshields, the Cee Baileys and the Madstad. After about 3 hours of reading people's thoughts, I can see that the MadStad will work, but at 330 dollars shipped, that's a lot of money. I'm 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam, and I want no wind hitting my helmet, would the 22 inch Cee Baileys work for me? Some say at 6 feet tall, it is perfect, a 5'10" person said that he gets a lot of buffeting. Thoughts?

Anyone know where I can order the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack? It seems to be out of stock at Twisted throttle. I also want to know where I should get my Givi crash bars.

As far as the JC bags, I will be mostly gentle, and I do plan to modify the mounting plate to make it stronger.

Thumper and Bamamate, thanks for the info and suggestion, I will look at the other luggage, and I will order the correct risers now :)

Sorry for the "outage" You guys have been buying a lot of NC700 stuff from us! We are adjusting the quantities on hand to reflect that. The good news is that there are 52 topracks that just landed and are being checked into inventory. At latest, they should be available to ship out of here by Friday PM or Monday AM. Sorry for the delay.

SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Honda NC700X, NC700S) for TraX ALU-BOX, Pelican, Shad, Givi / Kappa, Coocase & Soft Luggage - TwistedThrottle.com

Kevin

Excellent news! I already got it from Rocky Mountain ATV, but I do recommend these racks, they are easy to put on, and useful.

Sorry for the "outage" You guys have been buying a lot of NC700 stuff from us! We are adjusting the quantities on hand to reflect that. The good news is that there are 52 topracks that just landed and are being checked into inventory. At latest, they should be available to ship out of here by Friday PM or Monday AM. Sorry for the delay.

SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack Toprack (Honda NC700X, NC700S) for TraX ALU-BOX, Pelican, Shad, Givi / Kappa, Coocase & Soft Luggage - TwistedThrottle.com

Kevin

Well, I think it is time for another update! I've been riding non stop, and have recently gotten a job IN Manhattan, so now I commute daily on the motorcycle. I am at 14k miles and counting. Here are some highlights:

Rode it in the snow with the stock tires, dropped it a few times in the snow, no damage. This was the first time the bike was dropped.
Ride two up daily, lane splitting my way to and from work, and for that task, this bike is very good.
I am still on my original chain, but it will soon be replaced with DID chain and sprockets, gold plated to prevent corrosion. I will install this myself as a learning process, wish me luck :p.
I am also still on my original tires, although they should be replaced soon. I have ordered TKC80 front, Shinko 705 rear, three tire irons and Ride On, it will be the first time I install a tire on anything besides a bicycle.
I have changed the front brake pads, no other brake system items required replacement.
I installed a cheapo chinese givi knockoff top case on the SW motech mount, only to have the case break after about 6 months of heavy use. I now have a caribou case 45L SKB top case, works very well, and is very sturdy.
I instaled bark busters storm, a cee bailey windshield (not recommended, get the madstad), and the givi crash bars.
I replaced the blown 1 amp fuse in the dealer installed cig lighter in the frunk. I was angry that it's only 1 amp, so I put a 7 amp fuse instead:
2014-05-27.jpg

Now, does anyone know if there is a viable portable air pump that will not blow the 7 amp fuse? most of the cheapo ones are rated at max 10 Amp, which is too much, any suggestions? I don't want to take half the bike apart just to get at a stupid fuse again.

My next mod will be to install those aforementioned tires and get me a skid plate.

That's all for now! Thanks for watching and keep on rolling! ;)

For your air pump, I would hook up a plug directly to the battery (with an in-line 10 amp fuse) and keep it in the frunk. Make sure your wire can handle the load and keep the bike running when airing up.

For your Manhattan commuting use the TKC 80 may not be the best choice it better suited to ............I think a tire like the Pilot Road 3 or 4 would give far better wet riding and far better wear. The TKC will be great in the snow but suspect with your mileage accumulation it will be toast before the next snow fall.

From the picture you got every last mile out of that rear tire.

As others have stated a direct fused connection at the battery is best for the pump......many of us use the same plug for heated clothing and off season charging.

This maybe obvious but ..........the black paint on the rims scratch easily with tire irons.......care and technique is needed with lots of lube. Same care is needed on protecting the disk from damage during the process.

Last edited:
For your Manhattan commuting use the TKC 80 may not be the best choice it better suited to ............I think a tire like the Pilot Road 3 or 4 would give far better wet riding and far better wear. The TKC will be great in the snow but suspect with your mileage accumulation it will be toast before the next snow fall.

From the picture you got every last mile out of that rear tire.

As others have stated a direct fused connection at the battery is best for the pump......many of us use the same plug for heated clothing and off season charging.

This maybe obvious but ..........the black paint on the rims scratch easily with tire irons.......care and technique is needed with lots of lube. Same care is needed on protecting the disk from damage during the process.

Thanks for the pointers, let me address your items one by one:
The TKC80 was mounted because I am taking the bike into the woods, forests, abandoned coal mines, and other off road adventures. As long as I get about 10k miles off of them, I'll be satisfied. I'll see how they wear, and if I get more than 10k miles, I'll just keep using them, they are under 100 dollars, so I can live with that.

As for my factory tires, they are very worn out. They did very well, I took them through some off roading, and even did 2 laps on a trackday. They handled the torrential rains very well, they handled the cold pretty well. I think they are great tires, but it's time to get more serious about the dirt I am about to get into.

I'll get one of those cig plugs that plug right into the battery so I don't blow my fuse on the honda provided one.

As for the black paint on the rims, I'll be careful, but I won't be too upset if it gets scratched. I'll just spray it with rustoleum if that happens. I'll be EXTRA careful with the disks, don't want to replace those just yet.

Yes, I have a battery tender but didn't know if you had one. That's why I suggested the cig lighter/power port. I use the cig port for charging my phone and playing my mp3 with this. Also, the link you gave for the battery tender, the plug only has a 3A fuse. Maybe not enough to run you pump.

USB Charger 12V Cig Lighter 5V 1A Assorted Colors | eBay

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll be sure to get one with a 10 amp fuse :D

Yes, I have a battery tender but didn't know if you had one. That's why I suggested the cig lighter/power port. I use the cig port for charging my phone and playing my mp3 with this. Also, the link you gave for the battery tender, the plug only has a 3A fuse. Maybe not enough to run you pump.

USB Charger 12V Cig Lighter 5V 1A Assorted Colors | eBay

You got me thinking on this. So I went outside and got my Slime Tire Top Off pump to check the fuse requirements. The picture shows the size compared to my old fashioned slide phone. Inside the plug is a 15A fuse. It says in the instructions to use a minimum of a 15 amp fuse. That's higher than I thought it would be. I got my pump for adding air back in after I go dirt/gravel riding.
Not having a shop manual and not having even looked at the fuse block, I should just sit back and let more knowledgeable people take the wheel! I do know, this is what a relay is helpful for....sorry, I just can't let of the bone (said the dog).

You got me thinking on this. So I went outside and got my Slime Tire Top Off pump to check the fuse requirements. The picture shows the size compared to my old fashioned slide phone. Inside the plug is a 15A fuse. It says in the instructions to use a minimum of a 15 amp fuse. That's higher than I thought it would be. I got my pump for adding air back in after I go dirt/gravel riding.
Not having a shop manual and not having even looked at the fuse block, I should just sit back and let more knowledgeable people take the wheel! I do know, this is what a relay is helpful for....sorry, I just can't let of the bone (said the dog).

I bought the same tire inflator, I just need to find a battery tender that will be able to take the 15 amps.

Back