• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hand Guards

People do when they fall, and the hands probably come off if the wheel touches first. In any case, I doubt if any handguards on any road accident have ever saved anyone's hands. I got mine for the wind and that's what they are good for. Great for off road though.
My handguards are for wind protection also. They were on the bike when I bought it; if I were spending my money, I probably would have just gotten the single-point mount style, but the reinforcement sure isn’t going to hurt anything. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve seen some cheap ones that get flexy at highway speeds, and that isn’t doing any good for anybody.

The aluminum reinforced types ( like barkbusters) can also protect your brake lever. I originally put Givis on my 2015 DCT due to lower cost, and had a 30mph low side courtesy of some wet grass/leaves - busted my brake lever when the unreinforced Gigi hand guard hit and collapsed. Bought the barkbusters the next week.

I like my cheap China specials' because they do everything they are supposed to do, look fine, and were easy to install and remove for the summer. I'm not going to spend a bunch of cash just to possibly save a brake lever.

I like my cheap China specials' because they do everything they are supposed to do, look fine, and were easy to install and remove for the summer. I'm not going to spend a bunch of cash just to possibly save a brake lever.
Please send me the source and model number.
Thanks

Back