• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Handguards Barkbusters or SW-Motech?

Jelly, your picture sold me on the Kobras. Anyone know whether you can install the Kobras without removing/replacing the handlebar weights? Is a longer bolt needed to do that? Anyone sprung for the Kobra extension kit? Was it worth the extra $?

Attachments

• IMG_2345.jpg
    IMG_2345.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,535
I totally agree, but then I would.

C27F77EF-95BB-4EAB-95DC-2C168D427583_zps2megdlnr.jpg

11ba8e1a95491e11cc468e71e060e040_zps9b86b118.jpg

0FF01248-F3FF-4F5D-AC2A-2A75CBB81E27_zps4hg3kfyk.jpg

:cool:
Whitstable or Hearn Bay?

I have the cheap $20 cycle gear hand guards, which work well during the summer:

During the winter, I attach some adapters to the hand guards which I cut out of a small office trash can, works great.

I don't do off road, but this setup works great. The Cycle gear hand guards has a couple of horizontal slots which allow air to flow thru for the summer use.

FYI RevZilla is offering 20% off Barkbusters! That would bring them down to around $130. Just as I was ready to pull the trigger on the SWMotec Kobras ($175 + $26 for extenders).

Last edited:
FYI RevZilla is offering 20% off Barkbusters! That would bring them down to around $130. Just as I was ready to pull the trigger on the SWMotec Kobras ($175 + $26 for extenders).

Notice that as well. I added.the extensions and LED light for the SW-MOTECH and I was up to $275 smackers.

What are the mitts?
Are you able to still wear your gloves?
How is the movement inside?
Are your hand guards still installed?

Have I asked enough questions yet?

They are snowmobile or ATV muffs I got at a power-sports store. I don't know the brand, just make sure you get the largest you can.

I wear a pair of very old ski gloves (because I have them) and I can use them with the muffs.

The movement inside is OK, not roomy but not too tight.

My Barkbusters are still installed and the plastic covers are on them. I think next winter I will try the muffs without the plastic covers as it is a tight fit.

You do have to punch a hole in the muffs for the rear-view mirrors.

Also you can't see much of what your hands are doing so most everything is done by feel.

Charles

Impulse buy, just bought the barkbusters from RevZilla with skid plates for $142. Even the skid plates are on sale for $15.

No impulse buys for me, I save those for snacks while on the road. ;)

I do all the my research up front and than I formulate a plan of action. Finally then execute it. It took me weeks before I bought the bike to settle on the Barkbusters. I bought most of my aftermarket accessories in this same matter. I also planned out all the Honda Accessories I wanted before even calling a dealer.

No impulse buys for me, I save those for snacks while on the road. ;)

I do all the my research up front and than I formulate a plan of action. Finally then execute it. It took me weeks before I bought the bike to settle on the Barkbusters. I bought most of my aftermarket accessories in this same matter. I also planned out all the Honda Accessories I wanted before even calling a dealer.

Well thank you very much for doing all the leg work for me! :rolleyes:

Oh and the pre-crash testing.

Last edited:
Back