• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Hard side cases - Best $40 I ever spent

CNO

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I finally got around to swapping out my sport saddlebags and top bag from a previous bike. Wanted something a little meaner looking as well as tough enough to survive the back roads and trails of Northern Wisconsin. I already had the GIVI side bag mounts and SW-Motech top rack installed, just had to find boxes. After looking at cases in every price range, I went with these. NOT based on cost - Size is what I wanted, they open from the top - not from the side, you could run over them with a truck and they'll stay together, and they matched the top box I wanted.
The fact I only paid $40 for the set is just icing on the cake.

Top Box - Seahorse SE630 ($70 on Amazon)
Side Boxes- 25mm ammo cans ($40 for set on Ebay)

rear.jpg

right side.jpg

No worries about how far they hang out on the trail!

front.jpg

CNO
Could you post the link where you bought it.....please and thanks

Yes, I'm very happy with it. They are made in the UK -at the time they didn't have a dealer in the States maybe they do now?...anyway, just search Ebay for "nc700x flip windshield" it'll pop right up. I believe it was around $100.

Thanks,
Chris

Hey, I've got those same Hanguards ;)

I Plasti-Dipped mine (awesome stuff btw) but maybe not the best choice of coatings for actually thrashing through the bush-they're looking decidedly scraggly already, lol.

I think I'll do them over in the same textured rocker guard stuff I used on my skidplate.

I thought about putting ammo cans on mine, but decided with the top box and frunk I didn't need that much storage on any regular basis and it wasn't worth dealing with bolts when I do. Just throw some softies over the back when I want to go on long trips. Which handguards are those?

CNO, can you post some more details on how this "luggage" is actually mounted. I assume some modification was required?

Greg

Not sure on the hand guard brand, bought them for something else a couple years ago.

Ha! I've had mine for a while kicking around gathering dust, too, lol :eek: Mine are cheap ebay unknown brand Acerbis-like styled knockoff things from what I can gather. Aluminum backbone with plastic encapsulating them. I always planned on mucking with them to just see how the fit was.

It looks like yours are on the outside of the bar end weights? I couldn't do that with mine, they interfered with the clutch lever and adjuster, and were very iffy at the front brake line re: the master cyl banjo bolt.

In the end I modded the OEM bar end weights, and made hybrid spacers to fit the guards out from the grips, just enough to make sure they didn't foul the throttle barrel rotation, etc., but inboard of the bar end weights. I already had shorty levers fitted, so I didn't have to worry about the guards interfering with the ends of them, either.

Your hard cases look awesome, very sleek and very rugged! :cool:

CNO, can you post some more details on how this "luggage" is actually mounted. I assume some modification was required?

Greg

No mods at all, the Givi supports were already on the bike so with the help of a couple of Irwin clamps I got them were I wanted them. Then marked were the supports were on the backside of the boxes. Took off the boxes and the supports threw them on the work bench, aligned the marks I made previously and mounted the works with these.

mount.jpg

Yes, I'm very happy with it. They are made in the UK -at the time they didn't have a dealer in the States maybe they do now?...anyway, just search Ebay for "nc700x flip windshield" it'll pop right up. I believe it was around $100.

Thanks,
Chris

Wow man, that windshield looks exactly like my Powerbronze windshield... right down to the tint.

Thanks for the heads up and how to mount ... I have two coming my way now. It is a shame the GIVI mounts costs so much... anyone tried with different mounts.... These will help a little with wheel spray and I can keep the tools (more than the one by Honda... :-( .).. and some other items that are seldom needed but when needed are like gold.... Thanks again

Boz

Back