• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Headlight modulator install

[COLOR=BLUE][B]DO YOU,or plan to, MODULATE YOUR NC HEADLAMP/BRAKE LIGHT ?[/B][/COLOR]

• [B]YES !!! ..... BOTH.... Of Course[/B]

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • [B]NO !!! ..... NEITHER.....No Way Jose[/B]

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • [B]MODULATE HEADLAMP ONLY !!![/B]

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • [B]BRAKELIGHT, BUT THAT'S IT !!![/B]

Votes: 9 26.5%

• Total voters
F&*^%^$#$*%&^%(&$%$%%*&^CK !!!!!!!!

I cut the solid blue wire, and just to test it, I tried the lights.... THE HIGH AND LOW WORK FINE !!! WITH THE WIRE CUT !!! WTF ?!?!?

aye Yai Yai !!!

:confused: :mad:

I just looked at the wiring diagram in the service manual and it shows two blue wires going into the headlight connector. One looks like the high beam and the other goes to the instrument panel. I'm guessing that one just lights the high beam indicator. Turn on the high beams and see if the high beam indicator on your speedometer works. If not its a pretty safe bet that you cut the wrong blue wire.

Bob

Ok... the situation has now been deescalated !!! ...lol

I finished it up, and it LOOKS/WORKS GREAT... here are some pics of the wiring. I'm gonna wrap it in black tape and zip tie to finalize it. ...(excuse the dirty bike...lol)

BOB, I didn't pay attention to the indicator light when the solid blue was cut. However, the HB & LB were both working without perfectly...FML

I cut the spotted blue, and presto, the HB dead.... So I fixed her up and made the new end connections.....

I ran the photocell light sensor up with the brake cable. You can't even tell unless you are looking for it, and it saved me from drilling a hole in the plastic.

Last edited:
More pics after I zip tied and such.. I 'm happy with it... It's clean enough, and works perfectly.... Just like when I drive my ambulance... Lights start flashing, and people start moving....

Last edited:
Just pointing out for those who may be intimidated by this wiring task, that there are also headlight modulators available that are simple plug-and-play. They consist of a female three pin socket that plugs onto the back of the bike's headlight socket and a male three pin plug that connects in-line with the bike's original headlight wiring socket. OR, the modulator module itself simply goes inline with the headlight plug/socket. The actual wiring task takes all of 30 seconds once you reach in to the headlight area. Then the routing of the light sensor cable will consume the most of your time, based on how tidy you want to be.

Modulator.jpgP115W.jpg

Greg

Last edited:
Just pointing out for those who may be intimidated by this wiring task, that there are also headlight modulators available that are simple plug-and-play. They consist of a female three pin socket that plugs onto the back of the bike's headlight socket and a male three pin plug that connects in-line with the bike's original headlight wiring socket. OR, the modulator module itself simply goes inline with the headlight plug/socket. The actual wiring task takes all of 30 seconds once you reach in to the headlight area. Then the routing of the light sensor cable will consume the most of your time, based on how tidy you want to be.

View attachment 4490View attachment 4491

Greg

I like plug-and-play!
The only thing is - they do not list the NC700 in their Honda bike list....???? Wonder why...

Mine was supposed to be plug and play... But I didn't know how to access the frikkin bulb; and I felt like I was gonna break something trying to pull out that black box behind the bulb. So I cut the wire....lol

.... and my service manual arrived today...fml
....lmfao

Sorry to dredge this post back up, but I just received my kisan modulator today, and my NC700 2 weeks ago...

I have the same one, and I wanted to know if you have run into any long-term issues with the install you did, and if you ever figured out exactly where the other blue wire goes. I am unable to find a copy of the wiring diagram anywhere in order to trace it, so yah...

Sorry to dredge this post back up, but I just received my kisan modulator today, and my NC700 2 weeks ago...

I have the same one, and I wanted to know if you have run into any long-term issues with the install you did, and if you ever figured out exactly where the other blue wire goes. I am unable to find a copy of the wiring diagram anywhere irder to trace it, so yah...

No long term issues. Works like the day I installed it. The manufacturer says there is a safety design so that if failure were to occur, it would simply stick on high beam, as opposed to stuck on modulate mode, or not lighting at all.

The solid blue wire goes to the indicator light on the dash display to show u the High beam is on.

Back