• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Helmet !!! We all need one !!! Which do you choose ?!?!

WHAT TYPE OF HELMET DO YOU NORMALLY RIDE WITH ?!?

• FULL FACE

Votes: 57 55.3%
  • OPEN FACE - 3/4

Votes: 7 6.8%
  • HALF HELMET - BRAIN BUCKET

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MODULAR

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • OFF-ROAD

• NONE

• Total voters
I have 3 helmets. The first is a Bell Apex full face. Paid $99 for it. Its an OK helmet. I did have a problem with the shield pivots. I emailed Bell and they sent me new ones for free. The helmet has a 5 year warranty as I believe all Bell helmets do. I get many complements on the graphics of that helmet.
Second I have a Bell Vortex, blue Grinder graphics. I like this helmet as it is lighter than the Apex, is more aerodynamic and is fairly quiet. It fits a little tight but not enough to give me a headache. I plan on buying another one in the future, the Flying Tiger Graphics. The shield mechanism is awesome, shields pop on in seconds.
Third I have a Bell Revolver in white. It is modular and I use it a lot in the summer. I live in Florida so I welcome the airflow this helmet has with the chin bar down. It is not very quiet though. I purchased a chin curtain for it and it helps with the noise. I also purchased a snowmobile kit that has a breath box that is held in place with magnets. You can't use the Breath box and the chin curtain together though. The snowmobile kit came with some foam that was cut to install around the ear pads. That helps with the noise some what. The revolver comes with a inner shield. I like it because it is tinted and I can leave the outer shield open and get air while I still have protection. Another thing is the shields are interchangeable between the Vortex and Revolver. they share the same pivot mechanism.
All my helmets are size large and they DO NOT fit in the Frunk (damn!) I can get the Vortex in but you have to cram in in there.
I like Bell because I feel you get a good helmet for a good price. Also would like to mention the Vortex is Snell 2010 approved.
My $.02 FYI

Same problem with Vortex.

As much as I like this helmet (light, secure and full matte-black including the visor) it won't fit into frunk! :mad:

Even when i took off the back ends of the top ventilation channels it will not go inside... conclusion - I need a helmet that will fit (I'm not too keen on buying any cases for now).

Last edited:
I tell you what...

Considering our humid hot summers and driving 90% of the time in town and hitting traffic lights my only sensible choice was a modular helmet I choose an HJC with bluetooth by chatterbox. the chatter box has terrrible battery life exploring better options.

HJCSyMax3Helmet.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Nolan N43e that I like but it's too noisy on the highway. A cheap Bilt Adventure helmet that fits very snuggly and looks pretty good. I especially like the bill for bright summer days, but the chin wants to twist your head off in cross winds and the SENA system doesn't fit well (folded ears! ouch!).

So I've ordered a Scorpion EXO-1100. I know it wont fit in the frunk, but I've heard good things. Fingers are crossed.

The first two modular helmets I have ever worn are since I've owned the NCX. The first was given to me with the purchase of the bike. It was a Speed and strength SS1700. Comfortable but noisy. It has a large flip down sun visor that is nice. Doesn't vent really well.

I was at the dealer Saturday and they had a Nolan N90 N-Comm on sale. Figured $200 was a good deal so I picked it up. It fits snuggly and is much quieter. I have a habit of keeping the visor open just a hair and this visor catches nicely at each position. I can see myself buying the N-Comm bluetooth system in the future.

Back