• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Highway pegs ??

Nortwestrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody mounted a set of highway pegs on the LARGE front down tubes of the frame ??.If so what did you use for mounts/clamps ??.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a future CTX700 forum, someone will ask how to mount pegs where they should be. ;)

Taking a 6,000 mile trip and need a place to put my feet every so often to stretch my legs.

If I had a 6000 mile trip coming up, I'd want some as well.

Despite the levity of my original statement, I'm thinking that this is exactly what Honda did on their new CTX models. The frames are strikingly similar in geometry where they cradle the engine. If your time frame permits it, I'd see if you can find out the parts numbers and look at some parts schematics.

If not, I'd look into highway pegs that mount to the fatter crash bars for cruisers. You'll have a decent chance of the mounts matching up.

I went with lower pegs because I had some laying around that could work more so than feeling a need for them. The OEM peg placement is very neutral and relaxed. My feet are still under me and I can use my legs for quick suspension on crap roads/bumps.

Kuryakan offset highway pegs, they have a 1.35" tube clamp available. Too cold to tell you how mine work yet. Easy bolt on.

Last edited:
On a future CTX700 forum, someone will ask how to mount pegs where they should be. ;)

It doesn't need a new forum this forum only requires and CTX models added to the title and and a few extra subject headings to cater for accessories etc and voila 2 forums in one.
After all both bikes share quite a bit of features.

I'm going to get a 4" piece of tube thats has the same ID as the frames OD and split it.Then weld on the pegs to one half along with nuts and on the other half weld spacers for 2 bolts to go thru and clamp it around ghe frame..

My knee has been telling me to install some more pegs lately. I'll probably order some aluminum rod and make a set or two.

My knee has been telling me to install some more pegs lately. I'll probably order some aluminum rod and make a set or two.

Do I take it that you are a fellow sufferer of knee problems. If you are you have my sympathy. My left one certainly limits my choice of bike excluding many including the new Honda CB1100 which I sat on at the London show today

Do I take it that you are a fellow sufferer of knee problems. If you are you have my sympathy. My left one certainly limits my choice of bike excluding many including the new Honda CB1100 which I sat on at the London show today

Big time knee problems here also !!

Big time knee problems here also !!

I guess my body is a lot older than my mind.

DARN! i bought this bike for the 'young image', hoping to pick up chicks! but before long it will leak out that under the helmet is an old kwagga just living out his years!!

NOOOOOOO!!! (note to self, next time just buy the Ferrari)

Back