• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Homer and Fairbanks

what next

Reaction score
Visit site
c4b97d5f7c70f2f723c2ae4dcf5bcc57.jpg
8d1550fe911861b5653543f12673da45.jpg
cd2510841d9960460cf0d8ce5074b7dc.jpg
9f2b728768816630949977198cfae9e0.jpg

Well my riding buddy decided he had gone far enough so he turned around the other day.
I made a day trip down to Homer, the bakery is in Soldotna, Moose is Loose stopped at it several times. The Salty Dog is on the Homer spit I have stopped at it but not this time. It was windy with a damp coldness to the air I had the Gerbings going. Had a downpour for 10 miles on the way back but by the time I got back to Anchorage it was a nice night for camping so back to the Harley dealer I went. Today July 2nd I headed up to Fairbanks , a very miserable ride .Rain cold and foggy , lots of construction spent almost 3 hours at delays.Timed my gas stops wrong so I had to put in my spare gallon. Oh I did detour over to Talkeetna, really has changed not the spot it use to be. I have been lucky and seen Mt McKinley twice before , but not today. Some left over forest fires and smoke was heavy in spots.
So here I sit in a dormitory at University of Alaska doing laundry and just catching up. Wondering which way I should go home. Well later
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
My son lives in Soldotna. He mentions Homer often. Beautiful country and great pictures. Thanks

Then there is the option of putting your feet up with the 3 day ferry ride down from Haines or Skagway. It is a beautiful trip and you can camp on the rear deck to save cost of a cabin. If you haven't done it I highly recommend it. You will also see a few places in the panhandle you can't get to by motorcycle.

There are some options with Ferry. One is to get off in Prince Rupert, BC and continue riding. Takes a day off ferry ride but the best of the ride is north of Prince Rupert in the inside passage. Ferry goes routes the cruise ships don't fit.

You can also ride more than one ferry if you want to overnight in some panhandle ports.

Canada 37 is a good ride to Washington State if you have not ridden the road.
That way you will see Big Bear Glazier at Stewart.

Did it 3 times , if I had a good connection I would post pictures of Bear Glacier from 07, 08, and 09. I might buzz over to Hyder this time also.

There are some options with Ferry. One is to get off in Prince Rupert, BC and continue riding. Takes a day off ferry ride but the best of the ride is north of Prince Rupert in the inside passage. Ferry goes routes the cruise ships don't fit.

You can also ride more than one ferry if you want to overnight in some panhandle ports.

Looked into it, 6 day wait and then I would be on standby, ferry is fully booked. Weather was so bad I was discouraged , but sunshine and nice today looks good for a week I am riding.

Back