• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda 35L Top Case

Red NC

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after years of pondering my choices for a Top Case, and much research as to what was available to US customers directly from Honda Accessories. I FINALLY got the Top Case I wanted.

I have a 2013 Red NC700, purchased new, with the 29L side cases. At that time I had the rear carrier installed, because I figured that one day I might get a Honda Top Case, but had been using it to bungee a mainly textile bag on the occasions when I needed more storage. The only Honda option at the time, and today for US customers is the 45L Top Case, which I really never wanted, mainly because the silver panels, which look great on the silver NC700, are not quite for me on my Red NC.

I had seen the all black, smaller 35L Top Case on NC700s and NC750s from Canada, the UK, Germany, Japan, etc, basically EVERYWHERE but here in the good ol' USA. I had spoken with dealer after dealer, distributor, and even Honda Corporate, several times, and NOBDY could figure out how this mysterious 35L Top Case could be procured in America. Part numbers for the overseas products did not line up to anything on their catalog, and basically, they say, "if it's not shown as an accessory, we can't get it"

I knew better, so after days and days, dealing with a local Honda Dealer that would do the leg work with me, we started ordering parts.
There's really only two or three different parts to get, the Top Case itself, and two lock components, but I learned that there are different locks, different lock bodies, and different size holes for said lock cylinder in the Top Case.

After getting some parts in, trying them out, we determined that the Top Case, as shown for the CB500X is an exact fit for the NC700 Carrier, and the Key assembly CAN be matched to the ignition, frunk, and side case key.

The top Case P/N is 08L77-MGS-A51ZA
The Key Kit P/N is 08M71-KZL-841

and those are all you need.

IMG_3180.jpg
IMG_3181.jpg
IMG_3183.jpg
IMG_3185.jpg

Nice. It does seem like a better match for the side cases than the usual USA accessory top case.

any room to put lights under the glossy plate on the back?

No, that’s right where the latch is located.
Maybe on either side of the latch, on the lower half of the clamshell, if you’re creative.
e984aa146edc39d71f4582bbf5ee24f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that’s right where the latch is located.
Maybe on either side of the latch, on the lower half of the clamshell, if you’re creative.
e984aa146edc39d71f4582bbf5ee24f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does anyone know of a light kit for the American stock trunk?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Red NC.......good determination, nicely done. Yea , I see no reason why that case isn't offered for 700x use. Instead, a rider has to go thru all that you did to accomplish such. Again , good job.

Back