• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Honda Trunk Details

so I've been wondering about painting the silver panels for the saddlebags. what kind of paint would you use if this were a DIY project? I think the bike is "magna red" and I assume you'd need to paint match to do it yourself. Thoughts?

That is exactly my plan. I have the red PlastiKote and PlastiKote glossifier ready to go once the trunk arrives.

Curious as to how well this worked out. The Top Case looks like it is polyethylene and the chemical resistance of that material makes me think that the PlastiKote won't hold on for a long time.

Curious as to how well this worked out. The Top Case looks like it is polyethylene and the chemical resistance of that material makes me think that the PlastiKote won't hold on for a long time.

I was thinking it could also be polypropylene, which is a slick and oily surfaced plastic. I had a hard time getting a decal to fully stick to it. There seems to me a significant surface tension on this material that was used for rear case. Barely got the decal to stick, I had to use IPA to prep the surface. I got about 90% of the decal stuck well enough and it has been staying place so far.

so I've been wondering about painting the silver panels for the saddlebags. what kind of paint would you use if this were a DIY project? I think the bike is "magna red" and I assume you'd need to paint match to do it yourself. Thoughts?

It depends what you want to spend. The right way is to buy the appropriate primer, exact match color basecoat, and two-part Spraymax 2k clear coat. You would need a respirator for the clear coat. It can all be obtained in rattle cans, and would probably cost under $100.

Back