• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

Deuce won't let me borrow his squeeky squirrel for a picture with NC.

IMG_20140111_200947.jpg

Guess I will play by the rules and go for a ride to find a squirrel. Plenty of them around, but they won't sit still for a picture

MSF guideline here is that if it is small enough to eat in one sitting it is safer not to brake for it.

S_DuctTape.jpg

Road%20Kill%20Cafe.JPG

Ok. Got pipes fixed from last weeks freeze so I have water again. Started a load of dishes and laundry then went for a ride on beautiful sunny 60f day. 75 miles and not one roadkill squirrel, must be some kind of record for these parts. Finally found these, one on top box and more in background under his chin.
IMG_20140112_170024.jpg

My tag is something built by an ancient culture. This is Rock Eagle.
Synopsis:

Rock Eagle Effigy Mound is one of two such mounds in the United States (the other is at the entrance to Georgia Power's Lawrence Shoal Park on Lake Oconee) and possibly pre-dates all other effigy mounds. The 1500-acre park surrounding the enigmatic effigy is today used as a 4-H Center. Access to the effigy is permitted through-out the year and is free.

[Bold]The Mound at Rock Eagle[/bold]

There is strong evidence that the area near Rock Eagle Effigy Mound was occupied by Archaic Indians some 5,000 years ago, however, it is unlikely that the effigy existed at that time. The most likely builders of the mound are Woodland Indians, who inhabited this area from 1,000BC to 1,000AD. While it is possible that the people who built Rock Eagle were part of the Hopewell or the Adena Culture, it is more likely that these Woodland Indians were a distinct cultural development.

Had to climb 3 story tower for picture. My NC is that tiny dark spot under white sign at the top of picture.

photo 2-2.jpg

I'm sure there are some squirrels in the picture somewhere, but got the other squirrel picture just in case. ;)

Last edited:
I'll see your 'something built by an ancient culture' with this.....

Rochester Castle.

C4126FA0-B906-4AF2-8B71-34040EFE0FBC_zpsgtcskxs5.jpg

And raise you a cathedral, ok any place of worship will do as I don't think there are many cathedrals in the states. :confused:

C2FB25C2-2C35-43A9-B899-27082A1C757E_zpsfzksh29p.jpg

:)

I'll see your 'something built by an ancient culture' with this.....

Rochester Castle.

And raise you a cathedral, ok any place of worship will do as I don't think there are many cathedrals in the states. :confused:

:)

7.jpg

Tag: Cathedral

May 4, 1847 Pope Pius IX made St. Mary's Cathedral, “The Mother Church” of the Catholic Diocese of Galveston-Houston, the cathedral for the newly established Diocese of Galveston. At that time the diocese comprised the entire state of Texas.

St Mary's Church 001.jpg

New Tag:

Cage Dealership (steroids optional - Owner of Dealership)

St Mary's 004.jpg

smileyenvelope.jpg

biggrin.gif

00.jpg

Last edited:
The photo software you are using on recent pictures makes them look like postcards.

biggrin.gif

All pictures are just iphone pictures. The iphone program is called "Camera Plus". It cost $1.99 on Apple apps. Recommended to me by someone from Austin, Texas this on forum.

smileyiphone.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Can't believe this one went unanswered for a week. Not interested in drugs or status symbols, just good looking, reliable and functional.

I get my Honda truck serviced here for the last 285,000 miles.

IMG_20140126_172906.jpg

New tag a power plant. This is Georgia Power's "Plant Branch" on Lake Sinclair, Eatonton,GA. It is to be closed in 2014 because of tighter regulation from E.P.A. putting a few hundred more locals out of work.

IMG_20140126_170940.jpg

Too dang cold and icy to get the bike out. High tomorrow is forecasted to be 12'F with the low tonight around 0'F. I got out and plowed 8" of snow from my driveway but the 2" of ice is still there and will be all week. It may be in the 40s this weekend but wont be warm enough for enough time to thaw out the driveway; another polar system coming in next week-about every 6 days we are getting these dang polar vortexes. Global warming my a$$.
When it does thaw out, I will be riding the heck out of the NC :)

I think there is an electrical plant just down the road from the house. Maybe I'll swing by after work tomorrow.

I think there is an electrical plant just down the road from the house. Maybe I'll swing by after work tomorrow.

biggrin.gif

Old Tag: Power Plant

powerplant 001.jpg

Calpine Power Plant

[video=youtube;6GVgJkqbx9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVgJkqbx9U[/video]

New Tag: Musical Instrument

music 001.jpg

002.jpg

lion 004.jpg

SmileyGuitar.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited: