• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How about a game of NC tag? Its a lot of fun!

OCR is that a power plant or chemical plant or perhaps both? Trying to figure out the reactor towers on left behind storage tank?

8.jpgThat is Texas City, Texas Power Plant

It is part of the Calpine Power Plants.

This power plant has two of the largest turbines in the world. Besides powering some very large cities around these parts, they also power some of the worlds largest petroleum refineries. If you live in the south the gas in your auto came from one of the plants powered by these turbines. I'll make a video of the power plant later this evening.

Oh, forgot to mention that up the road a little ways is the South Texas Nuclear Generating Station. Some folks say we produce more energy around these parts than any place in the world. Texas leads the nation in oil and natural gas reserves and production. In just 2-1/2 years, Texas has doubled its oil production with large quantities coming from the Eagle Ford Shale formation. A recent new shale oil find at the Wolfcamp Shale formation is expected to be the largest oil field in the United States and the second largest field in the world.
And most all that oil and gas stuff from all over the world is sent right here to be refined.

Yeah, that little power plant there does a lot of work.

smileysunlady.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
OCR is that a power plant or chemical plant or perhaps both? Trying to figure out the reactor towers on left behind storage tank?

9.jpgCalpine Power Plant Video

[video=youtube;6GVgJkqbx9U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GVgJkqbx9U[/video]

Smileyok.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Looked it up and found this:
In 1987 the Texas City Power Plant was built to provide steam to Dow Chemical allowing them to shut down some of their older, less efficient boilers.

Are the reactor towers in the photo part of the Dow Chemical plant adjacent to power plant?

5.jpg"Are the reactor towers in the photo part of the Dow Chemical plant adjacent to power plant"

There are so many chemical plants at that location, and yes Dow (Old Union Carbide) is one of them. A wild guess would be yes, part of Dow, as Dow is one of the big boys, but that would be just a wild guess. The Power Plant does set next door to Dow, but there are about 20 to 30 other chemical plants at that location along the Texas City dike.

002.jpg

smileySingleEyeGlass.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't have to go far to find a scooter. Let's move the tag to "Jail" or "Correctional Facility". It doesn't have to be abandoned like this one near Winokur, GA.

Attachments

• IMG_0829.jpg
    IMG_0829.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 230
Already posted this one so obviously not after challenge and unfortunately doesn't count.

Closed Rivers Statey Prison on Milledgeville, GA.

10976d1389983181-attractions-oddities-rivers-prison-1.jpg

Prisons a major industry in my area but I leave town tomorrow for 2 weeks so someone else will probably beat me to a new picture.

New Tag -- Construction Site.

Bikers traveling from Georgia into South Carolina on U.S. 378 stop here to remove helmets. (I kept mine on. )

Construction of new bridge across Strom Thurmond Lake started 3.5 years ago and stopped after a year. Story is the piers are sinking. All the equipment is sitting idle for years. Typically a pickup or two at site but no visable activity. Cranes and barges have not moved.

IMG_20140224_195553.jpg

So in two weeks no one has ridden by a construction site they can take a picture of? :mad:

I thought this was a pretty easy tag. :confused:

0.jpgOld Tag: Construction Site

001.jpg

New Tag: Your Worst Nightmare! Attorney's Office (Lawyer's Office) or Fellow with License to Steal!

OK everybody. There are sharks (lawyers) everywhere. Get on your bike, find one and take a picture.

OCR gave everyone an eccuse to RIDE.

001.jpg

SmileyFunnyFace.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I've waited for this all day.

Here's your law office.
20140307_185519.jpg

Now bring me the best Mom & Pop burger joint in your area.
20140307_190220.jpg

Back