• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How many miles now?

AdvSplash

Reaction score
Visit site
Took the NC for a 200 mile jolly today to make the most of a decent day in terms of weather, riding back and only a few miles from home I spotted this :D

IMAG0073.jpg

Last edited:
ADVSPLASH,

Seeing that You have so many miles on your bike, I'm sure We are all curious of what services have been done on the bike, and costs.

Thanks

12,046 miles. 3 oem oil filters, three oil changes, one rear tire. I bought the air filter this week but haven't installed it.

Oh dear. Mine is only 5500km thereabouts.
It is a leisure craft for me. Not a daily mule.
:p

Happy, only 5,000 miles of those in the last 10 months since I got her are commuting miles ;) The rest are pure leisure my friend and nothing but leisure :D Looks like it's going to be another nice day today! :cool:

The only thing I hate about this bike is the lack of weather protection on the upper body and legs (Might have to see if those leg deflectors are any good)

EDIT**, Happy, I'll be in your land soon, heading over for a to week bimble in the Alps during May. ;)

Happy, only 5,000 miles of those in the last 10 months since I got her are commuting miles ;) The rest are pure leisure my friend and nothing but leisure :D Looks like it's going to be another nice day today! :cool:

The only thing I hate about this bike is the lack of weather protection on the upper body and legs (Might have to see if those leg deflectors are any good)

EDIT**, Happy, I'll be in your land soon, heading over for a to week bimble in the Alps during May. ;)

In May you say?
Give me a buzz and some headsup time and we may actually meet you. I see if I can arrange a ride with the other guys (non riding the NCX).
Cheers.

In May you say?
Give me a buzz and some headsup time and we may actually meet you. I see if I can arrange a ride with the other guys (non riding the NCX).
Cheers.

Yes, leaving the UK on Saturday 11th May, aim to be at Beatenburg, Bern by Sunday Night (12th) before picking up the Route Des Grande Alps then where ever after that - quite fancy seeing Lake Garda in Italy!

Just passed 9k on my baby, and she's still chugging along like a champ. I've been seriously considering going the r1200GS route as it's my dream bike, and I'm within my means (and wife approval) to purchase it now. I don't have room for both bikes, but I really don't want to give up the NC.

The 2013 R1200GS is a great bike, now semi water cooled. But here in Denmark it is way too expensive. Price 250.500 dkk (~44.000 $)

ugh, not nearly enough here. things have just been so crazy lately for me.
now, its cold and rainy here, hoping to get some seat time in this weekend though.
oh, and Splash, i have the lower leg deflectors on my bike, and yes, i did notice a
difference.

All you riders are awesome with all those miles. I have a little under 2K on mine. I don't commute, and even if I did it would be a 2 1/2 mile round trip. That would sure add up in a hurry! I use mine for leisure riding, but when you work 6 days a week you don't get a lot of time for that either. Hopefully as summer comes I will get some more miles in, but will still fall far short of most of you. What it does tell me is that I have a lot of good miles available in this great bike.

ugh, not nearly enough here. things have just been so crazy lately for me.
now, its cold and rainy here, hoping to get some seat time in this weekend though.
oh, and Splash, i have the lower leg deflectors on my bike, and yes, i did notice a
difference.

MISS DEMEANER - Thanks for letting me know about the deflectors, I'm seriously considering them, the ones that are near the knee's right?
Does it stop all that unwanted / turbulent wind draft on the legs?

AdvSplash;34219Thanks for letting me know about the deflectors said:
no, i have the lower ones, down by your feet. and yes, i am quite happy with them, i don't think i'm going to
get the higher ones now. i don't want to block too much (cooling) breeze riding in the heat of summer.

Back