• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

how often do...........

johnakay

Site Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
wash your bike?
just wash mine today just before it rained.
it was covered in muck after we got caught in the rain last time we were out.
I like to keep my bikes clean but only wash them if needed ,
except winter months wash it every time we out on it.
if I don't it will rust like hell the the road salt they put down here.

Hey jonakay, someone over there makes a silicon spray you can spray on the whole bottom end of the bike (engine and frame). It will help keep the nasties at bay.
I'll try to find it and leave a link.

Whenever I can't think of anything better to do. I think the last time I washed it was back in the fall right before it went away for the winter.

Never. It always is waxed. I mist it down in Meguiar's Qwik Detailer after each ride...from the fly screen, the mirrors, paint, frame, exhaust, and wheels. Never ride in rain, it is detailed, then covered, safe in sound in the garage, after each ride. I know I am a little O.C.D. but my bikes have always looked showroom new. The attached pic was taken mid way through my last ride - just to reference.

Attachments

• 20140622_104304.jpg
    20140622_104304.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Haven't, 3k miles and counting.

Didn't buy the bike to show it off, bought it to ride it.
I might have wiped it down after riding in the rain once or twice, and the radiator should be cleaned soon, otherwise it looks clean enough for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Never.

I may do it now, since you reminded me, but man it's freakin filthy!

9000 miles of commuting will do that to ya.

I like to wipe off the dust on the top parts. When I do that I use one of those camping towels damp. That turns into wiping down whatever I can reach easily.
The wheels get cleaned when I spray down the chain -I always get some lube on the back wheel and I can't have the back wheel looking better than the front! And while I'm down there wiping down the lube, I may as well wipe off the rear suspension. then, dang it! I look up and - oh my! look at the bottom of the fender and rear hugger. Fender did you say? Oh, I guess the front fender needs a little love too.
Oh man, now I'm going to be late for... look at the dirt on the radiator cover.... sometimes it doesn't pay to get started...

I like to wash mine as soon as it's dirty, it was last washed about a month ago, I've been out 3 times on it (in the dry) since then and it's ready for wash and polish today.

This being my first (and long awaited) brand new bike I like it to look it's absolute best and I give it the full works, I even lay on my back and scrub the underside!

Regardless of from what angle, if it can be seen it has to be clean. :eek:

The bike doesn't get dirty that fast. It's tall windscreen that gets dirty. So when the screen gets dirty, I will give it a good wash. And while I am at it, I will give the bike a very quick wash, mainly focusing on the headlights, signals, and brake light.

wipe her down after a ride, safety inspection ones a week and wash

yep that is what all you lot should do.
if don't wash or clean your bike sooner or later some thing is going to raise it ugly head and its no good if your a couple of hundred miles from home.
it has always been my philosophy look after the it and it will look after you.
it only take half an hour to wash! Shirley you've got time for that.

yep that is what all you lot should do.
if don't wash or clean your bike sooner or later some thing is going to raise it ugly head and its no good if your a couple of hundred miles from home.
it has always been my philosophy look after the it and it will look after you.
it only take half an hour to wash! Shirley you've got time for that.

I look mine over al lthe time. I just don't wash it. I only hide commute with the bike so the heavy rains wash off anything that may have built up. A person could not look at my bike and guess it has only been washed twice in a year. It jsut doesn't look that dirty.

At least once a week. I use the bike to comute to work and it gets dusty sitting outside at work. I paid good money for it so I protect my investment with a good wash and wax when it get dirty. I hate riding something filthy.

Back