• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

I don't like the stock tires

My next tyre will probably be these HEIDENAU K60 SCOUT TYRE,,,they are a on/off road tyre,and the rumor mill says have a long life,,(just a note ,,I have not checked sizes)

Yup here they are.
je9u6eny.jpg

azy9upez.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I myself got into a bit of a slippery situation this morning. Rear tire slipped and slide from side to side. I was accelerating from away from a Stop sign onto an uphill. Sliding happened as soon as I geared up :confused:

It is colder now in the mornings and I would like to know what impact tire pressure has on grip? Honda manual says 2.9 bar (42psi)...see some guys went lower? What are the ranges for the stock tires?

It is colder now in the mornings and I would like to know what impact tire pressure has on grip? Honda manual says 2.9 bar (42psi)...see some guys went lower? What are the ranges for the stock tires?

The factory inflation spec has to be high enough to work at maximum speed and load. For most loadings and uses it is higher than optimum. At lower speeds and loads you can get by with lower pressure. One trade-off with lower pressure is that you increase the likelihood of rim damage from a sharp-edged road obstruction or pothole. Another is possibly lower tire life. On upside is a smoother ride as the sidewall contributes to suspension travel.

The street bike rule of thumb that I have used is to run the pressure that results in a 2 psi rise from cold to hot. There is no "set" number because everyone's load and average speed are different.

BTW: I think I'd rather paint my bare rims black than spoon on another set of Z8's. (Caution: Hyperbole. YMMV.)

One trade-off with lower pressure is that you increase the likelihood of rim damage from a sharp-edged road obstruction or pothole. Another is possibly lower tire life. On upside is a smoother ride as the sidewall contributes to suspension travel.

BTW: I think I'd rather paint my bare rims black than spoon on another set of Z8's. (Caution: Hyperbole. YMMV.)

Thanks, based on the above I won't lower the pressure then. Condition of roads in SA are not great and now in winter the sun comes up later and sets earlier making visibility less ideal. Also get some mist in the mornings.

Must admit I had Michelin Power Pures on the previous bike and they where in my mind worlds apart form the stock Z8 on the NC. I am also looking at replacing in 3-4 months. Not due to wear but rather safety during the summer rains. Will look at Michelin or Pirelli when I upgrade.

My stock tires were the Bridgeatone 23. I really like them. Got 12000 miles. Replaced with another set of Bridgestone 23. 90% of my riding is on hard top, 10% dirt roads, and no sand. If I did more off road I would have to change to another tire, I have to admit.5.jpg

smileylover.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Back