• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

JMV CONCEPTs - TAIL TIDY KIT & REAR HUGGER !!!!!

Our legal size is (25 cm x 16.5 cm) 9.5" x 6.5" (MONSTER SIZE)
I wonder if it would still look good. I'd probably need to stick to the stock giant hippo ear turn signals to offset the size of the plate!
..... also I shouldn't really be spending MORE money right now. - I don't even have the bike yet. :-(

LoL !!!
face.jpg

Hippo Ear Turn Sigals !!!... LMFAO !!

I thought te same thing... they are HUGE !!!

I ordered my JMV concepts tail tidy yesterday, Alexia's responses to my emails were lightening fast, very happy with the customer service so far. They do not make the part in carbon fiber =/ so I decided to go with silver to match my factory paint. Ill put it on silver to start, but may end up painting it black. My total cost with shipping for those wondering was $245, with 15% off the part for ordering before the 31st (not sure why I was offered that but I took it no questions asked!) shipping was $70. The shipping made it much more expensive than the R&G or BRUUDT, but the JMV looks so much more clean in my opinion, it was worth it. Sadly it will not be shipping out until sometime next month, I hope early next month! I will post some pics and impressions after I install the part.

Last edited:
That is big... I wonder what the UK plate's size is... It's like a yellow sail on a yacht !! ...lol
View attachment 6604

yeah laugh all ya like but if caught incorrect size no plate...
If you drive with incorrectly displayed number plates, you could be fined up to £1,000 and your car will fail its MOT test.
size on a bike is 9" x 7"

yeah laugh all ya like but if caught incorrect size no plate...
If you drive with incorrectly displayed number plates, you could be fined up to £1,000 and your car will fail its MOT test.
size on a bike is 9" x 7"

Nobody is arguing the law. We are just laughing at the boat anchor the law mandates be towed behing your rig..
:)

yeah but you still not beat me on the run:p

Highly debatable... especially since we are on the same bike, and your drag racing parachute (number plate) has already been deployed....LMFAO !! Don't be offended man, I know it wasn't your choice to strap that highway road sign to your bike.....lol

This pic might explain your concept of speed with your anchor set......

enhanced-buzz-17329-1338481623-0.jpg

*Update*
Just received confirmation of shipment from Alexia at JMV Concepts, I placed the order on August 17th, so 3 weeks and 3 days passed. Shipping should take around 10 days to California they say. I am ok with everything taking so long because I really want their tail tidy, no one else had a product that was doing it for me except the Ermax.. which was significantly more than the $240 I spent on the JMV (must have cost more for the built in LED). So just an FYI for people looking to order from JMV Concepts, seems like a fairly small operation so when they get busy they get backed up (I assume that's whats going on). I will post pics and my impressions of the product once I receive it.

Jay, the JMV tail tidy is a very very smart and cool solution. Thanks for pointing us there!
I am currently using the lightweight and well fabricated Bruudt tail tidy with LED, but might consider upgrading in case.
As for the mud guard I personally would prefer the corresponding Puig part, just because I seem to like the looks a bit better.

Phil

Sorry for quoting your great image, but that IMHO is exactly the way an NC700X should look like (and I am saying this as someone who would never ever consider getting a black motorcycle. :eek: )

To go a bit farther, I would definitely remove any barend weight. No use for those in my opinion. However, not a big deal, they do not look bad after all.

Also did you ever check back with original exhaust? The GPR looks nice, but according to some other source (I forgot, sorry) reduces low end performance considerably, which would not match the NC700 engine. I cannot tell for myself, but I would definitely try to find out by installing stock muffler and reverse several times.
Getting a feeling for engine performance seemed to be a hard task to me, with DCT. DCT IMHO might hide a lack of power; at least this was my impression.
When testing my can I created several acceleration videos and took my measures afterwards. I ended up with an approx -0.3 sec 0-100kph with the aftermarket can. While this is far from being accurate, at least it looks like I would not lose power, which IMHO would be inacceptable. And it did not feel like reducing low end power.

Whatever... cool bike. Congrats. Perfectly like this one.

It does look really really good. I really like the look. I will be riding mine throughout the winter and want as much stuff covering that rear tire as possible. Gotta stay dry. :D

JMV Concepts Tail Tidy received and installed

Over all I still think this is the best looking tail tidy but the fit is not as precise as I had expected, and more modification was required than I expected. More modification than is included in the instructions in fact (which are in French only by the way).

First you find that when the new tail assembly is bolted down the rear seat hinge binds against the tail light. Modification required. There are ears on the hinge that need to be cut off, not sure why they were needed anyway.

You can see near that yellow mark where the hinge is cut, still plenty of metal to support everything

The second issue I had, after the hinge moved freely, was about a 1mm gap where the tail piece meets the righthand silver body panel. It was a small gap but really stood out with a black seam on one side and silver overlap on the other. It is now centered as you can see with overlap on both sides

I ovaled out the 4 holes in the frame where these 4 hex bolts pass through ( for the hinge and mounting the tail) about 2mm so I could fine tune the center. It took all of 2 minutes, if that, with a carbide bur.

They also do not include a way to mount your license plate. I didn't take any pictures of the plate mount I made, sorry. I just bought a clear plastic vanity plate cover for a car and cut a motorcycle plate sized piece out of it. Then used longer bolts where the tail piece bolts to the light on the rear with rubber grommets and foam tape to keep all the paint safe when bolted down and plate rattle free. I think it will also be strong enough to mount a mini AdMore light bar.. It's on the way.

The light does not fit as perfectly in the housing as I had thought, but still not too bad

My final figment gripe is the curvature of the tail piece poorly fitting the tail of the bike on the sides

Back