• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Just Thinking...

Daboo

Reaction score
Visit site
There are now 5 different Hondas made from basically the same engine, suspension and frame now. The NC700X, NC700D (Integra), the NC700S, the CTX700 (with fairing) and CTX700N.

Obviously, the best model is the NC700X. That is a no-brainer. But I see some cross over in models. I wonder what the differences would be like in everyday rideability, comfort and handling. So one of the groups would be a lowered NC700X, a standard NC700S, and a CTX700N. Especially the last two, the NC700S and CTX700N. If they were in the same showroom, would they look the same? Will they handle the same?

The other group that seems similar would be the Integra and the CTX700. Is the CTX700, Honda's second try on what they were planning for in the Integra?

Thoughts?

Chris

I'm not sure what to think of them. People joke about the nc being a scooter when every bit of it screams motorcycle. A great motorcycle at that. But those things seriously look like scooters! They aren't helping our case that's for sure. I don't know what Hondas doing here trying to UJM all their bikes? You can have a crazy cool bike you make along with some plain Jane ones but don't do all of them! I guess we'll see what direction they are headed?

From looking at them during the Daytona Bikeweek displays, the CTX models are cruisers. Both have foot pegs in a more forward position. The CTX700 has bagger styling, but the bags are extra accessories. with the bags, they're kinda like a half scale Harley Road Glide or the new Goldwing with the short windshield and no top box. The CTX700N is more like a regular (non-bragger) cruiser. I've never seen a NC700S or Integra in the flesh, so I can't comment on those.

Just my take on the styling and design after looking at, but not riding, them.

Bob

Some people like blondes while others love brunettes.
For me, it is the X all the way.
If I were to see only the S, the CTX and rest, I would NEVER buy this 700. Honest.

The X is the one which appeals to me. It looks dual-purpose. It has a frunk. It is very cheap. It is very economical. It has ABS and also linked brakes. So many features for such a low price!

I saw the S and the others. Sorry, I'd rather stick to my old ACE1100 if those were only available.
The X rocks. But some others will say otherwise.
It's ok. Live and let live.
:D

If I were to see only the S, the CTX and rest, I would NEVER buy this 700. Honest.

The X is the one which appeals to me. It looks dual-purpose. It has a frunk. It is very cheap. It is very economical. It has ABS and also linked brakes. So many features for such a low price!

I saw the S and the others. Sorry, I'd rather stick to my old ACE1100 if those were only available.

+1 My sentiments exactly!

For me the riding position on the X is far more comfortable than the S also I think it looks far better. As the Integra the least said the better

I definitely agree with you on the better comfort of the X. For you and others it'll be essential, but for me I don't do big miles and so it's just a bit of fun going down my favourite roads. For me the S would be more fun. As for style, the beak on the X is a bit of an off putter.
All the S would need for me is a proper round headlight instead of all this silly styled nonsense they call headlights these days.

Last edited:

I like blondes,brunettes and reds!

For me the riding position on the X is far more comfortable than the S also I think it looks far better. As the Integra the least said the better

The riding position is one of the reasons I bought this bike. I agree with your statement on the Integra.

It has a frunk.

they got rid of the frunk in the new models? Here I was thinking of defending them... Really though I'd like a "hers" version of this bike meant for shorter riders, Frunk included. I know I can lower the bike but it's nice get one with all the kinks worked out by Honda already. My wife and I took the MSF class together back in the early nineties...

VAT DE YA MEEEEN Rocker ya dinna lika scooter???
shy_whistler-1043.gif

I definitely agree with you on the better comfort of the X. For you and others it'll be essential, but for me I don't do big miles and so it's just a bit of fun going down my favourite roads. For me the S would be more fun. As for style, the beak on the X is a bit of an off putter.
All the S would need for me is a proper round headlight instead of all this silly styled nonsense they call headlights these days.

Not much of a beak on the X really. Now by DR BIG had a decent size beak :)
now049_zpse1dae529.jpg

img539_zps14a395b9.jpg

But the NC700S handles better than the X version and feels far more planted on the road. I like my X, but I think I should have got an S.

Is this at all true or near true?
I can handle the X perfectly (almost) in most situations. I think the S is lower but I find the X more flickable.
Although many people will say looks do not matter, it matters a lot to me.

The X looks X-citing, the S scores lower in this category (not meaning to offend our friends here with the S).
The S costs 1000chf less than the X.
I strongly believe the Honda engineers and marketing think likewise as me.

Is this at all true or near true?
I can handle the X perfectly (almost) in most situations. I think the S is lower but I find the X more flickable.
Although many people will say looks do not matter, it matters a lot to me.

The X looks X-citing, the S scores lower in this category (not meaning to offend our friends here with the S).
The S costs 1000chf less than the X.
I strongly believe the Honda engineers and marketing think likewise as me.

No I don't agree with you there. On the X you sit too tall which does have an effect on the bends, albeit it's still a very reasonable handling machine. On the S the suspension is lower so is definitely more flickable. The S behaves more like a little sportster.
I can definitely see the X being the more popular model by some distance (though it doesn't need all that silly plastic over the tank. Ultimately for me 'less is more' as I've always preferred unfaired machines.

So why did I purchase an X instead of an S(he says scratching his head). The answer is..........................I don't know.

What does it matter what Honda was thinking in producing these different bikes from the same platform? What does it matter what others think about the NCx? If you get on it and have fun riding it, isn't that what matters? It is for me. You can debate all you want, I'm going for a ride on my NC.

I'm not sure what to think of them. People joke about the nc being a scooter when every bit of it screams motorcycle. A great motorcycle at that.

You should really let go and enjoy your great ride. I REALLY don't mind what others "think" about anything, my own brain is already too busy with that. The only things I am interested with others are FACTS and experiences. Once I choose the bike, I stopped reading articles about it and began riding it. Read the quote in my signature, it really applies here...

That being said, I really love my new NC700X scooter.

I think it's great that they make 3 different types of NC, even more soon if you count the new CTX models. It gives us, the buying public more choice of what we want in a particular machine.

they got rid of the frunk in the new models? Here I was thinking of defending them... Really though I'd like a "hers" version of this bike meant for shorter riders, Frunk included. I know I can lower the bike but it's nice get one with all the kinks worked out by Honda already. My wife and I took the MSF class together back in the early nineties...

The X is available in Japan as a special lowered model, right from the factory by special order at no extra charge. Colors and brake/clutch options aren't the only thing Honda gives overseas markets short choices on.

You should really let go and enjoy your great ride. I REALLY don't mind what others "think" about anything, my own brain is already too busy with that. The only things I am interested with others are FACTS and experiences. Once I choose the bike, I stopped reading articles about it and began riding it. Read the quote in my signature, it really applies here...

That being said, I really love my new NC700X scooter.

Say what you mean and act how you feel, because those who matter don't mind, and those who do mind don't matter.

- Dr. Seuss

I love that quote too, but your version is different than the one I was familiar with. So I googled it and was surprised to find that Dr Seuss never said it at all:

The quote said to be from Dr. Seuss is actually widely circulated misattribution. “Those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind” actually came from FDR presidential advisor Bernard Baruch, about his dinner party seating arrangements.

Back