• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Longer hugger or fender

bduffey

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently have the Pyramid hugger on my 2013. I'm not real crazy about its fit, as it seems to flex quite a bit and really only clears the tire by about 1/2-3/4 of an inch.

In looking at pics of the Puig hugger, it seems to be a bit longer than the Pyramid and certainly more stable as it also incorporates the chain guard.

Alternatively....... is there another hugger out their in parts land that covers even more of the tire than a Puig might and still is a stable mount?

Thoughts?

I have a Skidmarx hugger and really like it. It also is integrated with a chain guard. Since installing it I have not needed to clean the rear shock or the underside of the wheel well as much as I did without it. I would have liked it to be a little longer, but am satisfied with the results. The only distributor I'm aware of in the states is Streetfighters By Design located somewhere in Florida. Contact there is David Cork: ph. 772-597-3207 or [email protected]. If you are interested.

I think the Skidmarx, which I have, allows for about the best tire clearance among the choices for the NC. The only downside, in my opinion, is that it's appearance is gloss black, which doesn't match well cosmetically unless your bike is gloss black. The construction is fiberglass coated with gel coat, like a boat hull. It's quite ridgid and durable. I sanded mine and coated it with textured black Rustoleum, and now it looks like it belongs on the bike. It has an integral chain guard and stainless steel hardware.

I have the Power Bronze. It looks a bit homely compared to the sleeker models in most folks eyes. But it does a great job of keeping crap off the shock and swing arm pivot. I have side cases installed that never come off. So I can't really see it anyway. Just my 2 cents worth.

IMHO huggers are more cosmetic than effective. Sure they stop the shock being directly blasted by the wheel, but the billowing vapour still gets over the top of them. I tried a Rossocromo hugger and had a lot of trouble getting it to fit properly.The shock is still getting dirty after riding out in bad weather. The most effective accessory I have seen is the Shock Shield (from Pyramid also), that they have done for the Triumph Explorer. I have one on my Explorer and like the Fenda Extenda it is very effective. On the other side of it, the shock is like new. Regrettably Pyramid do not manufacture this item to suit the NC. However a few members on here have manufactured their own shock shield and it seems to be working well for them. As a result I am going to design my own item and fit it instead of the hugger, which will be recycled.

See thread http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2496-cheap-shock-protection.html Other folks have done a variation of this simple solution in varying degrees of complexity. All are effective.

Back