• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Looking at a Madstad-- show your pictures...

Got mine installed today ( pics to follow) did not add the deflectors yet....tried them and they do still contact the plastic... They will take some modding. Ran the windshield up about and inch on the brackets and tilted it at about 55 degrees or so...seems to really work well! I may paint the lower couple of inches black on the inside if I get too much headlight reflection.....have to run with awhile to tell. Great product and fast ship.

I got the 20 inch Madstad & the winglets installed yesterday along with a set of Trackside hand guards. I did the hand guards first, they went on in under 20 minutes, excellent quality for the $54 shipped. The Madstad took a bit longer. I went for a ride with the screen wrapped in plastic food wrap to protect it from bug splatsSaran Wrapped Shield.jpg and found I might need the shorter 18 inch screen as I could not adjust the screen any higher than an inch up from it's lowest position so I would not be looking through the screen. I found it to be noisy but much more tolerable than the other screens I've had on the bike. I didn't feel like I was being beaten about the head with a blunt object.

Last edited:
Interesting... How tall are you? What in-seam?
Some people are struggling with finding a good position for a quiet ride.
I set my 20" to the lowest position, between 55 and 60 degrees and it was magic for me! I am 5'10" with 32" in seam.

Observation - for me, any position higher than the lowest are very noisy and I will use them in extreme situations... :) I can't imagine what they are.. maybe large hail pellets...
I was thinking of getting the 18" and raising it if needed, but came to the conclusion that I don't want to increase the space under the screen. As is, it is going at my chest with some pressure at 70-80+ and it's a good volume too.

I've got maybe 100 miles so far on my 20" Madstad. 5'6" , not sure of my inseam- say 29". I like the thing so far - with it roughly 2/3 tilted back I can barely see over it and it feels pretty smooth. Feels like the wind is going well over my helmet in its lowest setting, but there's a good bit of noise anyway. Raising the shield any (to me) seems to do nothing but increase noise and dump a bunch of extra air underneath the windshield. This is definitely my last attempt at "wind management" on my NC - but one last thing I may try is to order a replacement shield in 22" with the holes drilled 1 1/2 " higher. Or may not - I think in 4 months I've already spent more in farkles than I have on all the rest of my past bikes combined :cool:. It's about time to just ride the thing and quit playing dress up with it. Could've just bought a pretty nice new helmet (quieter) for what I've spent in windshields.

Interesting... How tall are you? What in-seam?
Some people are struggling with finding a good position for a quiet ride.
I set my 20" to the lowest position, between 55 and 60 degrees and it was magic for me! I am 5'10" with 32" in seam.

Observation - for me, any position higher than the lowest are very noisy and I will use them in extreme situations... :) I can't imagine what they are.. maybe large hail pellets...
I was thinking of getting the 18" and raising it if needed, but came to the conclusion that I don't want to increase the space under the screen. As is, it is going at my chest with some pressure at 70-80+ and it's a good volume too.

I'm 5'8" with a 30 inch inseam. I'll be talking to Madstad on Tuesday. I did notice there was very little air hitting my chest. I'm wondering if some of the noise is from turbulence cased by the plastic wrap. I'll have to try riding without it.

I'm not having any luck with my new madstad. I'm 6'3", 34" inseam. They recommended the 22", and no matter where I put it I feel like my head is in a paint shaker. The little wings also don't fit, they contact the body and deform when you snug the wing nuts down. Despite the head shaking the ride is incredibly quieter compared to my Puig shield, tons more wind on my abdomen and below too, the nether regions were a bit frosty after my ride home from work, haha. The best spot for it so far is all the way down, leaned all the way back. Almost wondering if its too tall?

I have been emailing with Mark at Madstad about the deflectors and how they are still hitting the plastic. I sent him some pics of mine today and he is going to try a new cut and send me a fresh set to try. Said it would take a couple of days... great people to work with!

25872hw.jpg

I just installed the 20" Madstad and at lowest setting find it is still a little too tall for me at 5'9 and 30" inseam. It worked great at deflecting wind on the short ride I took, but my line of sight is right along top edge, so I am looking half over and half through screen and that seems distracting. Was thinking of redrilling it a couple inches lower, or seeing if I can get the 18" screen. As for the side deflectors I didnt install those yet because they would hit body so I got a grinding wheel for drill to take a bit off them.

Yeah when I got mine I just called them and got what recommended and sure do like it. Living in a hot area and traveled through the desert on my summer trip I like the the fact I still get air flow while the turbulence and buffering is gone.

WP_20140716_14_39_31_Pro.jpg

I talked to Mark at Madstad the other day about the deflectors hitting the body work. He said that they thought they had that solved and would be sending me another set to try. Got the email on them being shipped today-- more to come. Great people to work with. Love the Madstad so far!!!

I'm being sent a new set of deflectors too, I rode yesterday with the poor fitting ones on and the difference of having them is really nice, can't wait for the proper fitting ones to show up.

Back