• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad adjustable windshield system for the Honda NC700x

MadStad CalSci.jpgI just installed 20" MadStad, upgraded from a 22" CalSci windshield. Between the two, I do personally prefer the MadStad - the adjustability with the hardware provides superior wind protection. In addition, the CalSci had poor brackets which caused the windshield to vibrate/ move a lot at highway speeds - I found this movement to be distracting. Even thought the CalSci was 22", it did not provide the same wind protection. I am 5'11" and would feel the wind right at visor which made for a noisy ride. The MadStad has exceeded my expectations - very pleased with their customer service. I tried to show the two windshields side by side
MadStad.jpg

Some pics of a second generation Madstad on a red bike. The shield is an 18" dark grey. It does provide exceptional wind protection, but I must have the shield in it's highest position to smooth out the buffeting. I will be sending it back for a 20".

P1160033.jpg

P1160034.jpg

P1160035.jpg

P1160037.jpg

Last edited:
Just bit the bullet and ordered one from eBay. Madstad has few windscreens at 20% discount, just search "Madstad Nc700x" and you should see three options. Only few of 20inch clear screens left. Not going to link it since it won't be valid in few weeks.

Edit: forgot to mention that auction states that screens do have barely noticeable imperfections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed my MadStad today....

Pouring rain today so I decided to install the used 22" MadStad screen I bought a few months ago from another forum member here. Installation went fine - no troubles at all. I knew I was buying the dark gray and was worried about through-the-screen visibility...it is DARK - but I think it will be fine for the day time which I ride 99% of the time. It is also VERY TALL - even at it's lowest settings (tilt and height) it crosses the center of my vision. I am 6' and have a stock seat and seat height. I am thinking I can always order a new screen later - already have the mounting hardware.

I am looking forward to taking a test drive as soon as it stops raining here in Portland (which should be sometime in March or April....sigh!). Here are some garage photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5317.jpg
    IMG_5317.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_5313.jpg
    IMG_5313.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 566
Pouring rain today so I decided to install the used 22" MadStad screen I bought a few months ago from another forum member here. Installation went fine - no troubles at all. I knew I was buying the dark gray and was worried about through-the-screen visibility...it is DARK - but I think it will be fine for the day time which I ride 99% of the time. It is also VERY TALL - even at it's lowest settings (tilt and height) it crosses the center of my vision. I am 6' and have a stock seat and seat height. I am thinking I can always order a new screen later - already have the mounting hardware.

I am looking forward to taking a test drive as soon as it stops raining here in Portland (which should be sometime in March or April....sigh!). Here are some garage photos.

It's easier to shorten a too tall windscreen than it is to extend a short one. You could always cut yours down 2 inches.

Yeah I'm holding out for a light grey 20" if I don't see one come up here on the forum I'll but one in 2 or 3 months

But the dark shield looks so nice on that red bike! I received my 20" this week. Fits me much better than the 18". A little surprising being that I'm only 5'6. Luckily I am able to see over the shield adjusted for highway speed so I will be keeping the dark tint.

But the dark shield looks so nice on that red bike! I received my 20" this week. Fits me much better than the 18". A little surprising being that I'm only 5'6. Luckily I am able to see over the shield adjusted for highway speed so I will be keeping the dark tint.
Red is nice and flashy, my NC is silver and 80% of my riding is in the dark.

I confused your post with PortlandZinMan. Yeah the dark shield would not be suitable with 80% riding at night.

While I have not tested a night ride yet, I am assuming that the shield is so dark that it becomes almost opaque at night. Since it is a tall shield, I am not comfortable at night. (Also of not, the 80% at night quote came from another rider...I ride almost exclusively during the day.)

While I have not tested a night ride yet, I am assuming that the shield is so dark that it becomes almost opaque at night. Since it is a tall shield, I am not comfortable at night. (Also of not, the 80% at night quote came from another rider...I ride almost exclusively during the day.)
That's my theory as well, I still would like the light grey I think the tint is so light it wouldn't be a issue. Check the madstad website if you haven't gotten a chance to look at the different tints they have

Here is a picture (not mine) of the medium tint
That is the one I bought - same one actually... 22"
http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-...us-honda-nc700x-saddlebags-27.html#post172056

I ended up buying black v35 luggage with a similar top box too and getting the backrest and top carrier rack too... Peergum is going to think I am copying him ... which I am... I love the look of his.

Do you find the medium tint to be sufficient for the occasional night ride? This is the one I'm thinking of buying as well and though I ride primarily in the day I do have the occasional dark ride into work in the early mornings. I'm 5'10 so I was thinking of getting the 20' as well.

Do you find the medium tint to be sufficient for the occasional night ride? This is the one I'm thinking of buying as well and though I ride primarily in the day I do have the occasional dark ride into work in the early mornings. I'm 5'10 so I was thinking of getting the 20' as well.

My bike is in storage, and the screen is still in a box... you'd have to ask Peergum. He just did a full North America loop with it, so I am sure he would have an opinion. I am 6'1 and (I believe) so is he.

Personally, I just like the look and don't do pitch black rides very often. I do early morning rides but there is usually a hint of light around then.

I'm thinking of the 20" because the 22" would be too tall, although I'm 6,1.

It's almost like I need a 21" but they don't make that so I'll get the 20 and use an x-creen if needed.

Do they still make the clear frosted at the bottom to avoid the front headlight reflection issue?

I'm thinking of the 20" because the 22" would be too tall, although I'm 6,1.

I am 6'1 and got the 22" (medium grey). It is not too high at all for me. I have it about an inch higher than lowest and I look just over the top and could raise it up more still.

Mine has the frosted bottom and at its lowest setting I can see the headlight. I have not ridden at night yet but tested it in the dark garage. It is bothers me I will likely just paint the bottom bit with the most non-reflective/matte black paint I can find. The higher you can raise it above the light the better I think. So, if you do a lot of night riding then maybe a 20" is better purely because you will have it adjusted so high much of the time.

The madstad definitely works. There is still wind noise but no bouncing and buffeting wind. I was riding with my faceshield up at 60 km/h with no problems which was impossible before (I had a Givi touring before). There was wind noise but no buffeting at 105km/h - the fastest I went on my last ride. I think I still have to dial it in further, but it is close for me raised up about an inch and leaned back a little bit from most vertical position.

This is a picture of my son on my bike.
mQ4jPQt.jpg

thanks - I went ahead with the 20"... I'm thinking the torso size has a lot to do with it as well, though i'm 6,1 I have long legs but not that long torso and I also hunch a little. therefore hoping the 20" will be OK... if not I can exchange it

Cute pic with the boy btw...

I have one question here and sorry if it has been covered -> will the handlebar clear the Madstad when in full lock on the nc750x? I have a 2017 model, should be the same as 2016 if anyone knows. thank you.

Back