• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

MadStad Sport SD - Medium Gray Tint and Clear

GsVs

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the MadStad Windscreen on my NC700X --- it’s the Quick-Adjust, Sport SD, 20” Medium Gray model. Looks and works GREAT !

With the gap between the baseplate and windscreen it lets some airflow thru – but that is what makes it work. The Adjustable brackets allows one to fine tune both height and tilt to find a setting that works.

I ordered it without the holes drilled in the windscreen so I could pick the placement – and you can see in the pictures I placed the bottom of the windscreen close to the bottom of the baseplate. For reference I’m 5’ 11” with 32” inseam and adjusted to its lowest setting – mid way in the tilt adjustment it is way below my line of sight and that is the adjustment that seems to work best for me. The medium gray is light enough that you can see thru it fine.

Just like seats, handlebars, luggage, etc … what works for one guy may not for another so YRMV – but with the range of adjustment I think that most would find a setting that would work for them.

Attached are a few pictures – will post more later …

= = = = = =
Added this info below and Clear windscreen pics on 5/8
When I bought the MadStad SportSd ... couldn't decide between the Med. Gray aand clear - so I got both !

Got the clear mounted up today and some pictures taken .... the clear looks nice - but I think I like the Med. Gray better ...
IMG_2016-C2.jpgIMG_2043-C.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1953-C.jpg
    IMG_1953-C.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,752
  • IMG_1957-F.jpg
    IMG_1957-F.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,855
  • IMG_1951-C.jpg
    IMG_1951-C.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 2,265
Last edited:
Have to admit that it looks better than my adventure version, like it could have been OEM. Guessing the performance to be about the same on either design -- GREAT! Congrats on your purchase.:D

I would love to see a direct head on, and a profile picture of someone sitting on the bike with any of these aftermarket windshields, one day. I get thrown off with the scale of these things sometimes, and can't get a good feel for where the top of the screen is, in relation to the rider's helmet.

This is one of the things I like about the MadStads of course, is the ability to adjust them up/down and the angle of attack. I don't think I would be happy with a single position screen that I couldn't move around to suit me or the conditions, if needed.

It could even go a little lower as I have the baseplate mounted in the higher of the two stock windscreen positions.

The wind at this setting was hitting the top of my face shield -- but it was smooth airflow. I can always tell when it smooth as I'm able to ride with the face shield up and once to speed (55-60 or so) ... the face shield stayes up. If there is buffeting - the face shield slaps shut.

I like a little wind --- just smooth --- and the adjustable brackets on the MadStad lets you fine tune the airflow ...

That does look nice mounted so low. Where does the wind hit you?

I got mine on yesterday. 200 miles so far It works!! From the looks of your pictures I guess the stock holes put windshield about 1 inch higher. I am 5'10 maybe 5' 9 now, at it's lowest setting the wind goes over the top of my helmet and I still look over the top of shield. I went with the light grey just about clear in my eyes, and the adventurer. Ok I'm odd I like the adventure.
Oh the right handlebar hits at full lock turn with windshield all the way tilted back. I took mirror off but I'll be darn I could not get nuts too turn. Anyway I am happy. If I wasn't so lazy I would post some pictures. With the range of adjustable it should make anyone happy.

Oh the right handlebar hits at full lock turn with windshield all the way tilted back. I took mirror off but I'll be darn I could not get nuts too turn.

The right mirror has left hand threads at the end of the mirror stem where the lock nut is. Had me frustrated for a bit.

Greg

GsVs,

I got my MadStad Windscreen on my NC700X --- it’s the Quick-Adjust, Sport SD, 20” Medium Gray model.
Looks awesome! What is quick-adjust? Is it the MadStad RoboBrackets?

I ordered it without the holes drilled in the windscreen so I could pick the placement – and you can see in the pictures I placed the bottom of the windscreen close to the bottom of the baseplate. For reference I’m 5’ 11” with 32” inseam and adjusted to its lowest setting – mid way in the tilt adjustment it is way below my line of sight and that is the adjustment that seems to work best for me. The medium gray is light enough that you can see thru it fine.

Did you mount the screen on top of stock screen?
Without the holes pre-drilled, how did you mount and test the screen?
Btw, I did not see their ordering page selling Sport SD, 20” Medium Gray model. http://www.madstad.com/s.nl/sc.7/category.5624/it.C/.f

Hey ...

Quick-Adjust is what I have (will post a closer picture of the brackets soon) which one just has to loosen two knobs to adjust both height & tilt - takes less then ten seconds and no tools.
RoboBrackets are another kind of adjustable brackets that MadStad sells - gives more adjustment range then the quick-adjust but there are eight sets of bolts that have to be loosen and takes tools.

No - the kit that MadStad sells for the NC has a Alum. Baseplate that replaces the stock windscreen.

Without the holes pre-drilled ---- just held the windscreen up against the brackets and ran it thru the adjustment range.

Don't think MadStd has set-up ordering from his WEB site yet for the Sport SD --- but just give him a call he will set you up.

Hope that helps ...

GsVs,

Looks awesome! What is quick-adjust? Is it the MadStad RoboBrackets?

Did you mount the screen on top of stock screen?
Without the holes pre-drilled, how did you mount and test the screen?
Btw, I did not see their ordering page selling Sport SD, 20” Medium Gray model. Sport SD Style

Thank you for all the information. It is very insightful.
Not quite understand with the 'pre-drilled holes', does it not require holes in order to mount it or is it just a clamp? I guess my question is did you drill the holes yourself?

Hey ...

A normal order from MadStad comes all drilled and ready to install - should take about ten minutes or so to install.

You just have to
...remove the stock windscreen
...mount the baseplate where the stock windscreen was removed to the motorcycle using the stock windscreen bolts
...mount the adjustable brackets to the baseplate using bolts-washers-locknuts supplied
...then mount the windscreen which is pre-drilled to the adjustable brackets using the supplied bolts and washers.

I just special ordered my windscreen without any holes so I could drill the holes - turns out my placement of the holes is really close to what ships on a normal order.

Thank you for all the information. It is very insightful.
Not quite understand with the 'pre-drilled holes', does it not require holes in order to mount it or is it just a clamp? I guess my question is did you drill the holes yourself?

Quick-Adjust is what I have (will post a closer picture of the brackets soon) which one just has to loosen two knobs to adjust both height & tilt - takes less then ten seconds and no tools.
RoboBrackets are another kind of adjustable brackets that MadStad sells - gives more adjustment range then the quick-adjust but there are eight sets of bolts that have to be loosen and takes tools.

I called mine "RoboBrackets" in the thread I started about the Madstad I installed, but they were the "quick-adjust" brackets referred to above. Sorry if I caused any confusion! Anyway, there are pics of them in that thread.

I just special ordered my windscreen without any holes so I could drill the holes - turns out my placement of the holes is really close to what ships on a normal order.

Thanks GsVs! Now I understand. How close the pre-drilled holes compared to yours (really like yours!!) Just wondering if it is worth to have it pre-drilled or do it myself.

Mine came today, the adventure in the dark grey. Looks great as the bike is black. What a difference for wind and noise. Had the honda touring before and took it back to the dealer and told them it didn't work. They took it back, no arguments. This set up works so much better.

Hey GsVs,

As far as the adjusted shield in the picture.

where in the adjustment range is that setting?
How much more adjustment down do you have?
How much more adjustment up do you have?

Hey ....
In the pictures above ....
The Baseplate (which replaces the OEM windscreen) is mounted in the upper of the two positions

The MadStad Quick Adjust brackets are adjusted to the lowest (down) setting and about mid-way in the tilt adjustment

DOWN - could go a little lower if one were to move the baseplate to the lower of the two settings

UP - it could go up approx. 3" or so (I don't remenber the actual dimension of the slot on the brackets)

Hey GsVs,

As far as the adjusted shield in the picture.

where in the adjustment range is that setting?
How much more adjustment down do you have?
How much more adjustment up do you have?

Back