• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mileage update

drc563

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all - have had my NC700X DCT now for a couple of months and loving the bike - just filled up about my fifth tank and thought I would check the MPG and keep you posted. Petrol here in the UK is ridiculously expensive (hence part of my reasoning for purchasing this lovely lady) but here are the figures for you :
Petrol used : 12.99 litres (2.857 UK gallons)
Miles covered : 188
Miles per litre : 14.47
Miles per gallon : 65.80
Just for info petrol here is currently £1.389/litre or £6.314/gallon
I use all formats when riding i.e. general riding in D but then switch to S especially when I need a bit more responsive action from her to and then when the mood takes I switch to manual so I can have a play in and out of traffic too.
I never really watch the revs and do switch down in D mode a couple of gears to avoid that slow chug you get as the nike is not that responsive from this 6th gear ( I find this a better way to use the bikes gearing rather than crank the throttle so the bike switches down itself.)
Hope someone finds this of interest and welcome any feedback or comments.
HAppy riding

Hi all - have had my NC700X DCT now for a couple of months and loving the bike - just filled up about my fifth tank and thought I would check the MPG and keep you posted. Petrol here in the UK is ridiculously expensive (hence part of my reasoning for purchasing this lovely lady) but here are the figures for you :
Petrol used : 12.99 litres (2.857 UK gallons)
Miles covered : 188
Miles per litre : 14.47
Miles per gallon : 65.80
Just for info petrol here is currently £1.389/litre or £6.314/gallon
I use all formats when riding i.e. general riding in D but then switch to S especially when I need a bit more responsive action from her to and then when the mood takes I switch to manual so I can have a play in and out of traffic too.
I never really watch the revs and do switch down in D mode a couple of gears to avoid that slow chug you get as the nike is not that responsive from this 6th gear ( I find this a better way to use the bikes gearing rather than crank the throttle so the bike switches down itself.)
Hope someone finds this of interest and welcome any feedback or comments.
HAppy riding
I'm very glad indeed that you have posted that info as it goes some way to reassuring me that I haven't got a duff bike (unless we both have ;) ) Sounds like I ride very similarly to you and I am getting 67mpg (uk gallons) in normal riding, and if I try hard I can scrape 74mpg. Mine is the X-DCT too.
What I have found is that if you want to ride quickly through the twisties, S-mode is great in combination with dropping down gears with the paddle to use engine braking for the bends. I find that trying to do this in D-mode is fruitless as the bike automatically pops it back up a gear usually at just the wrong moment.
Mike

Back