• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Mounted Skidmarx Hugger

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Simple install, no drilling, no hammering, no high blood pressure. Directions clear considering a Brit wrote them. No offense intended, but our languages are not exactly the same. Total install about 20 minutes. It might have been 10 if they didn't change Allen head size. Pics worth a thousand word so I,ll stop typing now.
image.jpg
Starting Point!
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg
Finished
image.jpg
Last weeks Extenda Fenda install, went to Home Depot got 2 Stainless bolts with lock nuts. Extra insurance, thanks to this board. Here's the pic.
image.jpg

Can't go wrong with the Skidmark Hugger. I've had it on my bike for the majority and it keeps the spray down so much! Enjoy!! :D

Some say looks Philipp but it reduces the sray coming off the back tire in the rain. I also think it reduced some chain noise but that just my opinion. I do have a sound meter but it's not worth iit to remove it and check and put it back on.

These are two items at the top of my want list. Thanks for sharing and including pics!
One question: Will the hugger need to be removed for every chain cleaning?

Mine is on order. I think I will give it a coat of flat black before I install it. The only reason I want one is to keep muck off of the Ohlins investment.

The only reason I want one is to keep muck off of the Ohlins investment.

I'm sure it will do this job pretty well

My only advice about fitting it is to apply something (helicopter tape, paint...) between the rear hugger and the swingarm itself, specially in the swingarm portion in front of the shock, just to prevent any oxidation

My only advice about fitting it is to apply something (helicopter tape, paint...) between the rear hugger and the swingarm itself, specially in the swingarm portion in front of the shock, just to prevent any oxidation

Initially I did not do this but after seeing pics of someones swingarm on another bike I removed hugger and applied matt helicopter tape. Better safe than sorry!

Tony

Initially I did not do this but after seeing pics of someones swingarm on another bike I removed hugger and applied matt helicopter tape. Better safe than sorry!

Tony

Is this in the instructions or a later learning? Will Gorilla tape work?

Later learning. Anything that keeps moisture out of there will work. I believe this advice aplies to any hugger that covers that piece of the swingarm

Guess Gorilla tape would be ok, I only got matt heli tape as I used it to also protect the peg hanger area from boot scuffs and it is almost invisible unlike shiney heli tape.
I got a Rossocromo hugger which said nothing about protecting the swingarm. Just a precaution really so the hugger does not cause any wear on swing arm and hence corrosion.

Tony

Did you order your hugger direct from Skidmarx or go through their Streetfighters By Design distributor, which is someplace in Florida if I read the phone area code right? Also, what was the US price, if you want to share?

Is it possible to be a bit more specific about where (how) to tape the swingarm? I'm relatively new to the motorcycle scene and not too mechanically gifted so more information would be helpful. Also, what exactly is "helicopter tape" or "Gorilla tape"? I am ordering the Skidmarx hugger and will want to do the installation properly when it arrives. Thanks.

Is it possible to be a bit more specific about where (how) to tape the swingarm? I'm relatively new to the motorcycle scene and not too mechanically gifted so more information would be helpful. Also, what exactly is "helicopter tape" or "Gorilla tape"? I am ordering the Skidmarx hugger and will want to do the installation properly when it arrives. Thanks.

fitted mine a couple of weeks ago, it came with tape to cushion it against the painted bike parts, after sticking tape I then with a paintbrush applied Waxoil to all the out of sight out of mind places down there before fixing the hugger. Phil

Just wondering if you compared those products to Pyramid's fender extender and rear fender hugger? I've tried to find a decent picture of their rear fender hugger and can't, really like the one you have but would like to have your opinion.

Back