• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My accessories

some more faffing!

We fitted the new,longer bobbins (now 110mm long) over the week-end and moved the clamp downward as far as it will go. We realised that the clamp could be put to good use, even if you do not use it to mount the bobbins. It could be used in conjunction with the rear engine mount to fit a neat set of crash bars. Unfortunately, these would have to be made DIY, if you have access to a pipe bender and good strong piping, it is possible. Will try out the bobbins as they are at the moment before embarking on the next project. Might be able to use the bars that came off the TIger after the crash, just a bit scratched, nothing major. More the fitting that bent. Strong stuff. Also faffed with the BarkBuster had guards a bit, these are also off the TIger, and fitt well. Also strong kit these. My hubby fitted a 2 finger clutch lever to help with my small hands! Came off a CBR 600, unfortunately, the front brake lever does not fit as a replacement, it still needs some work there.
Happy riding!

Attachments

• nicx bobbins 005.jpg
    nicx bobbins 005.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 565
  • nicx bobbins 004.jpg
    nicx bobbins 004.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 541
  • nicx bobbins 003.jpg
    nicx bobbins 003.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 608
  • nicx bobbins 002.jpg
    nicx bobbins 002.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 571
  • nicx bobbins 001.jpg
    nicx bobbins 001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 612
I think the mods have been tastefully done, if I may say so. Nice. And you complained there is "no parts" in S.Africa? :p

I agree, either really good at making non-honda made accessories work on the NCX or there truly are enough accessories available in S. Africa. Either way, the power of the internet should allow for anyone in the world to get accessories for their rides.

Today my heated grips got installed.

bild1.jpg

It was almost the same procedure as when I installed the heated grips on my Deauville / NT700VA. Quite easy, took a couple of hours and works fine. The control is integrated in the left grip, a new design from Honda 2012. The old bulky control-box is gone. At last...

I took the moment to also install the batter charger connector/battery monitor, the same system I got on all my bikes.

bild2.jpg

It's a quite smart and easy to use connector. Three LED's tell the battery charging state and a rubber cap protects the connector to the charger.

Smart Connector:
Comfort Indicator Eyelet M6

Bike charger:
XS 0.8

Very neatly done, Chris!
:D

Sometimes I wish I had the heated grips too. But it costs 400chf here.

Your battery accessories are good ideas. Many times I had suited up and found the battery on my Shadow dead or weak.

Last edited:
HI happy and Poot,
I can rephrase: no genuine Honda NC700X accessories/parts are available in SA at the moment, it is not dealer related. We cannot even get a front brake lever, nothing available country wide. The things we are doing, is purely experimental, then again if you have some parts to farkle with and it works, why not? Love doing these, I even installed new stainless steel nuts and bolts to hold my number plate, myself! to make things worse, skidmarx does not ship to South Africa!! Go figure

Will keep you posted.

Thanks SuperMek! Why in the world could they not make the rack the same size, I wonder? Would 2 or 3mm make the bar that much stronger? Much like an after thought from Honda then, IMHO. Must say, it is a nice piece of kit! Well done!

Well, I guess that the luggage rack have to stand for much more weight and stress than the side handlebars, hence the reason for making the mounting detail much sturdier. Here's a pic that can show the differences:

DSC_1235.jpg

Very neatly done, Chris! :D
Sometimes I wish I had the heated grips too. But it costs 400chf here.
Your battery accessories are good ideas. Many times I had suited up and found the battery on my Shadow dead or weak.

Thanks Joe!
The grips are expensive indeed! €400 here in Sweden, could have been a tad less.
The monitoring battery connector doesn't help in all possible situations, but for a lot of them. You will get noticed immediately if the battery don't get charged from the alternator, or that your battery have lost capacity. This is especially good during the long winter months when the bike is stored in the garage. A quick glimpse on the LED's and you know the status.

Thanks for the photo supermek! It is a nice piece of kit. Saw a CrossTourer yesterday, done by the same designer as the NC700, good looking bike. It was kitted out with the luggage rack, working on the same principle as your one. Really sturdy. I guess at the end of the day, you don't want your stuff all over the road! Will defnitely look at the rack when it does become available here. The grips is a bit OTT for our climate, but I can understand why you would need it. Enjoy!!

Hi Christian
Looking closely at your photo, the nuts are covered with a dustcover (black). Did these come with the kit?
My rack kit contained a small bag of hexagonal rubbers which we did not know what to do with. They did fit into the hex-nut "holes", so we put them there.
But your "full" covers are so much better.
:D

Thanks Tanserf!
I do understand that heated grips are not the most wanted add-ons in Africa! :) But we like them. It feels luxury to have them, both on my NC700X and my NT700VA/Deauville. Those are my first bikes with heated grips and chilly days they are more than welcome. Btw, it is interesting to learn how we prefer different add-ons over the world. I got previously somewhat confused over the US friends on the NT700 forum that the did like to get hidden behind the windscreen. They buy +2, +4 and +6 inches higher windscreens and some also add-on an extra small plastic screen on top of the windscreen to deflect the wind further away from the rider. I newer understood thin almost manic behavior to get out of the wind, until I learned what temperatures they ride in. We are talking up till 117˙F, thats like 45˙C, and the ride in it! If you sit in the wind at those temps you will get burned. A helmet ventilation will get you burned too! We here in the north do like the chilly winds to cool down and riding in temps above 25˙C is usually not done. It's just to hot! Just wait to the cool evening instead :) But we do ride in any temp above the freezing point as we are used to it.

Joe, the bolt covers are there from start! The are used to cover the bolt heads on the handle side grips. They are just transferred to the the luggage rack as they re-use the same bolts. And the black "cover-thingie". I also got the small hex-shaped rubber things, but decided that my life (and bike) can live without them :)

Hi guys!
My husband came across a GiPro gear indicator at our Honda spares outlet. Asked if it will work on the NiCX and bought it for my birthday! So this morning we farkled a bit. The Honda clips on the panels are a bit finicky, but we managed to get the loom through OK. The male red connector is situated on top of the battery, tucked in and out of sight. No loosening of battery terminals necessary. Then a lift of the rear wheel to teach the unit which gear is which, and that's about it. Now at least I will know in which gear I'm in, helpful for this very quiet bike.
We also fitted new links, slightly longer, just to get more foot on the ground. Getting good at this, took about 5 minutes!
Happy riding!

Attachments

• IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,013
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 1,693
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 1,649
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,036
cable harness, relay and connectors. The power harness has 3 plugs available where one is used for the grips. The second one will be used to feed my GPS and the third one will be kept as a spare (or maybe to add some Denali D2 extra LED lights in the future).

DSC_1201.JPG

Hi SuperMek,

Please, could you tell me how and where you plugged the subharness (08A71-MGS-D30) and relay (08A70-MGS-D30)??? I'm asking because I bought them via internet to be able to do my own USB power socket, but they came without instructions...

Thanks in advance!

SuperMek I am very impressed with the progress of your machine. Excellent work if I do say so myself.

I do have one question that I'd like to ask though. Have you ( or anyone else for that matter ) come across a new rear tial light assembly? One that is less bulky and obtrusive. I understand that the stock unit is there for a reason and I agree with it but for me it is just a tad unsightly. So much so that I've been searching for a replacement part all day only to find the one from rg-racing. Albeit the only one I've found I don't care for that one either. Looks a bit too cheap to put on such a fantastic machine.

If anyone has a lead on where to find a new rear tail light assembly please let me know.

Steve

Hi SuperMek,

Please, could you tell me how and where you plugged the subharness (08A71-MGS-D30) and relay (08A70-MGS-D30)??? I'm asking because I bought them via internet to be able to do my own USB power socket, but they came without instructions...

Thanks in advance!
Sorry for really late responce, but I have been out driving through Europe for weeks! :)

First, the sub harness is connected to the standard Honda accessory plug that is taped to the left side of the frame under the left turn indicator. You do need to dismount the tupperware plastic to find it and to connect the sub harness properly.

The relay is connected in the electric box to the left of the battery. You can reach it from inside the "dummy tank" compartment. It's easily mounted.

But now comes the but:
You do need the manual to get the grips mounted. If you have never done it before it is strongly recommended to follow the manual. I did mount the heated grips on my Honda NT700/Deauville before and it is very similar to the NC700X, so if it was done once it is not that hard to do. But the first time is worse...

I'm quite curious how you can buy the set and get it delivered without the manual? From any serious dealer? Please contact them and claim the manual that goes with the grips set.

SuperMek I am very impressed with the progress of your machine. Excellent work if I do say so myself.

I do have one question that I'd like to ask though. Have you ( or anyone else for that matter ) come across a new rear tial light assembly? One that is less bulky and obtrusive. I understand that the stock unit is there for a reason and I agree with it but for me it is just a tad unsightly. So much so that I've been searching for a replacement part all day only to find the one from rg-racing. Albeit the only one I've found I don't care for that one either. Looks a bit too cheap to put on such a fantastic machine.

If anyone has a lead on where to find a new rear tail light assembly please let me know.

Steve

Hi Steve!

I agree with your point about the tail light. It is of some awkward look there it is, some lone place outside... nothing kind of like...
But, I got my solution when i mounted the rear luggage rack that goes over the tail light and more or less covers it from above. It makes the whole package more united and better looking in my opinion. So, if you are looking for the luggage rack you might got the solution for a better all over look.

The next farkle for my NC700X might be this screen from MRA in Germany. It might be what I am looking for, a somewhat better wind protection without buffeting and turbulence. I write "might" as MRA have decided to only deliver to Sweden through a small vendor here that unfortunately doesn't give me much hope for a delivery... But let us keep our fingers crossed. Both for the deliverance and for the good function of the screen.

mra.jpg

Hi SuperMek.

Try ordering it from louis.eu . Shipment to Denmark is only 7.95€ i guess it is more or less the same to Sweden.
I have MRA Vario-Touring on my Bandit 1250 and love it. My two V-Stroms (650 and 1000, now sold) also had MRA screens.

/Vescol

First, the sub harness is connected to the standard Honda accessory plug that is taped to the left side of the frame under the left turn indicator. You do need to dismount the tupperware plastic to find it and to connect the sub harness properly.

The left turn indicator at front or at rear? Your bike is a NC700X model, right?

The relay is connected in the electric box to the left of the battery. You can reach it from inside the "dummy tank" compartment. It's easily mounted.

Many thanks for this one, found it!

You do need the manual to get the grips mounted. If you have never done it before it is strongly recommended to follow the manual. I did mount the heated grips on my Honda NT700/Deauville before and it is very similar to the NC700X, so if it was done once it is not that hard to do. But the first time is worse...

I'm quite curious how you can buy the set and get it delivered without the manual? From any serious dealer? Please contact them and claim the manual that goes with the grips set.

I did not bought the grips kit, just the sub-harness and the relay, what I want to do is my own socket to power on USB devices (5v DC)

Many thanks for your reply

Hi SuperMek.

Try ordering it from louis.eu . Shipment to Denmark is only 7.95€ i guess it is more or less the same to Sweden.
I have MRA Vario-Touring on my Bandit 1250 and love it. My two V-Stroms (650 and 1000, now sold) also had MRA screens.

/Vescol

Thanks for info. But I can't find any supplies for the X at Louis. No nothing at all...

Back