• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My biggest fear with my frunk...

MyNc700x

Reaction score
Visit site
Locking the damn keys in the frunk...

I have the honda bags. Twice now i thought i locked the keys in the frunk while they were in the top box lock lol....uhhhggg the evils of the frunk!

Anyone else experience this....lets hear it. (Or am i just an idiot)

Locking the damn keys in the frunk...

I have the honda bags. Twice now i thought i locked the keys in the frunk while they were in the top box lock lol....uhhhggg the evils of the frunk!

Anyone else experience this....lets hear it. (Or am i just an idiot)

Not sure I want to admit it but I have locked my key in the frunk once. I'm used to throwing all my small stuff in there after getting off work. I had opened the frunk and took the key out to open the trunk. Did some stuff back there and went back up front and just automatically threw the keys in there. I had to call the wife to bring my spare and I live 30 minutes from work.

I locked my keys in the trunk once after work. I had just locked the shop up AND my phone was in the trunk as well. Luckily I did not have to walk far to borrow a phone and wait for a spare key to be delivered from home, which luckily was only 10 miles away. My solution to prevent this problem( knowing it will happen again =P) is to carry two keys. I leave one in my inner jacket pocket zipped up. I always have my jacket with me or in a safe place and I'm not cramming it in the trunk so I figure that one is safe.

I have found that leaving the key in the frunk lock while the frunk is open is sufficient. I always close the frunk lid before removing the key from the frunk lock.

I can do even better.i always leave the key in the frunk lock and walk away.3 times now twice at home.i will be looking for the keys an hour later to find them still in the frunk lock.walked into a store once and had to go back to parking lot,and they were still in lock.havent done it in awhile now because I make sure in my pocket first.

My ignition key is not attached to the rest of my keys! Because I don't want the rest of the keys to scratch around the ignition slot. When the frunk is open the ignition key is in the slot to open it. Of course I jut mounted the panniers so we'll see.

We all know the Frunk is opened via a cable mechanism. Is there a way to construct a secret button or hidden knob ( say a slot) where one has to slide a key (any key) to unlatch the Frunk cover!

Oh, oh,I don't mean the over engineered electronic button seen on YouTube.

We all know the Frunk is opened via a cable mechanism. Is there a way to construct a secret button or hidden knob ( say a slot) where one has to slide a key (any key) to unlatch the Frunk cover!

Oh, oh,I don't mean the over engineered electronic button seen on YouTube.
Take plastics off to get at lock. Attach a piece of wire such as a fishing line leader. Run wire to hidden spot. Pull wire to open frunk.

Did it for a scooter seat. Just need to find some time to get plastics off and do for frunk.

Back