• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

My New (used) DCT - The Long Ride Home

Nofear2trek

Elite Member
Reaction score
Usually on my 50ft liveaboard (tiny house) yacht t
Visit site
Well, I thought I should mention I got a case of NC700'itus. While I was traveling to Germany (to buy some new version Touratech side cases from the factory), I saw a thread of another forum member selling his accessorized silver 2012 NC700XD. I had previously decided a DCT would be a better choice over the manual for pulling the new heavy-duty version Moto-Mule trailer being constructed for me. Finishing my trip to Germany on last Wednesday 30/9, I routed my return to Baltimore and bought the DCT (and much thanks to the previous owner for doing much of the wrench bending installing those Touratech case racks!). From that point on, it began raining and hasn't stopped yet (Juaquin)!

image.jpg

Wednesday 30/9 evening, I rode west from Baltimore 120 miles in the dark rain mist and then found a hotel for the nite. The DCT was a joy to ride, and the LeoVince exhaust a joy to hear rumble along the highway. The DCT took only a few minutes to get used too.

image.jpg

Thursday 1/10 morning, after a few cups of excellent 'American' coffee, I decided whether I was going to go left, right, or forward 3,000 miles returning home to Oregon. The decision was to turn around and go rearward those 120 miles, visiting en route the local Walmart and Dick's for rain & camping gear, back to the previous owners home again. I had decided to stick around the east coast to attend the HU in North Carolina next week. Rain gear put on and camping gear loaded, then it was a return ride to the previous owners home again to get spare stuff we forgot to load the previous nite. That finished, more pics and then the ride continued south on 95, now in a steady rain, without a plan nor destination. The 95 miles I was able to complete was at least 90 miles of continuous stop & go traffic (the east coast seems like one continuous traffic jam), On the plus side, riding the DCT in stop & go traffic made it a breeze to negotiate!

Now I am holed up in Fredericksburg, VA, I decided to stay in a motel, watching the radar of the storm, instead of riding flooded back roads somewhere. On Friday 2/10, I visited the local Honda dealer looking for some axle wrenches but only scored some waterproof gloves on sale.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Gonna be beautiful, but cool starting Tuesday. Get on the BRP and have a lazy ride down. Take a few side trips as you go.

Glad you decided to stick around. I should be arriving at the HU mid-afternoon Thursday, as well. Looking forward to meeting you!

Loaded the spare parts from the previous owner.

image.jpg

Saturday - After waiting out Joaquin, loaded again and ready to ride.

image.jpg

image.jpg

OK, I admit it, I'm a Waffle House kind of guy!

image.jpg

Saturday 4/10, the rain continued but I had the itch to ride. Stopping by the local Sears store tested the limits of my plastic when paying for a modest tool kit to have on board just in case.

I and Nirvana II found the back roads of the central Virginia countryside, wonderful curvy roads carving through the rolling hills. We ended up putting in another leisurely 175 miles, ending the day near Roanoke, VA. Instead of continuing on Sunday, I declared it a football holiday to enjoy a day & evening of NFL action. Nirvana II sat naked of her side cases in the latest Motel 6 parking lot.

image.jpg

This why I selected the new version of Touratech, easy key locking on & off.

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnr9cJAOz_0&ebc=ANyPxKr4g5W87wuyAjNL6OLxQ4FFe0iMgFnJCy84CLZXdi 3a3k2tfHGRkMQIl-mpLW52nwzSBdlb[/video]

[video=youtube;DX32I7SMqoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DX32I7SMqoc[/video]

To be continued...

Last edited:
And BAM! The NC goes from a good 1-up tourer to the best commuter/day tripper in the world.
See you in a couple of days!

Back